Waymouth Farms is a privately owned company that offers over 500 bulk and packaged products nationwide under the Good Sense Brand which are processed in our New Hope, Minnesota facilities. Waymouth Farms continues to grow and evolve as a leading supplier of innovative, quality snack foods for healthier living. These include dried fruits, trail mixes, nuts and seeds, yogurt snacks, savory mixes, Organic, and Salad Pizazz®.|
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Provide maintenance support to all areas to insure the safe and efficient operation of machinery.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
- Production Support
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of production, packaging and process machinery and equipment.
- Complete preventative maintenance procedures and assigned work order with scheduled time frame
- Complete special project assignments in fabrication, modification and new equipment installations.
- Trouble shoot and repair various building and environmental systems.
- Detect faulty operations, defective equipment and repair as necessary.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, work orders, and any other applicable documentation to perform required maintenance and service
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
- Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Able to deal with frequent change in priorities, delays or unexpected events.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Responds promptly to internal customer needs.
- Provide written and verbal communication and briefing to maintenance and production department personnel regarding downtime due to repair, projects, and modifications.
- Practice and apply good housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Observe GMP and maintenance standard operation procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of Waymouth Farms processes, procedures, etc.
- Inform supervisor immediately of problems or out of control situations.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Communicate shift issues with maintenance tech from next shift.
- Read and write English
- Read and apply wiring diagrams and mechanical prints
- Math aptitude
- Applied use of electrical/mechanical instruments (i.e. volt/ohm and amp meter, dial caliper, micrometer and experience with 110, 220, AC motors and DC motors and simple schematics.
- Advanced operating knowledge of electronics systems
- Advanced experience in pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication
- Able to read complex mechanical blue prints
- Knowledge of and able to operate hand tools, metals saws, grinders, drill press, benders and welders
- Welding experience using any type of torch
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent work ethics
- Safety minded
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Self motivated
*** Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year formal training and more than 4 years experience
- 1 plus years packaging experience
- Definable fabrication experience – 2 plus years
- Prior fork lift experience
Waymouth Farms aims to please mouths and minds with health-conscious snacks. The company manufactures dried fruit, nuts, seeds, trail mixes,...