• Responsible to install and repair mechanical equipment in a manner of high workmanship to meet hotel standards.
• Operates physical plant equipment, main energy and utility systems such as low and high pressure boilers, pumps, compressors, elevators, fire com systems, generators, compactor, exhaust fans, reciprocator, absorption, blowers, air conditioners, meters, fuse boxes, control centers and electric motors.
• Works on a wide range of general maintenance problems as listed in the complaint log, verbal, written work order requests, from housekeeping, hotel guests, and management and/or front desk resulting from direct emergency calls.
• Performs preventative maintenance necessary to maintain equipment, guestrooms and all physical plant equipment.
• Handles minor carpentry work and performs repairs to doors and windows, and replaces locks.
• Repairs floor carpets; also paints, spackles, patches and does limited masonry work when needed.
• Performs pick-ups and deliveries to and from properties and suppliers.
• Functions as liaison with outside contractors.
• Troubleshoots physical plant equipment and corrects problem.
• Takes meter readings for electric, water, gas and oil usage on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Installs and repairs telephone systems (wiring etc.), all kinds of hardware, light systems, plumbing fixtures, motors, fans and pumps, H.V.A.C. equipment, etc.
• Installs, repairs and programs televisions.
• Cleans air duct systems, hood systems and air filters.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to learn new systems
• Basic computer skills
Denihan Hospitality Group - 13 months ago