Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Hub Maintenance Manager MX, the Maintenance Planner MX is responsible for maximizing operational profit through the use of effective planned maintenance. The Maintenance planner is accountable for the daily preparation of work orders, parts availability inquiries. The maintenance planner schedules all maintenance in accordance with manpower and shop space availability to minimize maintenance delays and maximize asset availability.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Prioritizes site work and work order process on a daily basis in consultation with Operations and Maintenance Supervisors;
- Manages maintenance data collection and information gathering to more effectively provide planned maintenance in the future;
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for maintenance efficiency improvements;
- Reviews overall work backlog and scheduling constraints to develop a rolling 4-week optimal schedule for asset maintenance
- Liaise with the Supervisors on problems and any other important changes that may influence planned maintenance activities.
- Maximize planning effectiveness by linking repeat job plans.
- Monitoring the actual maintenance activity, comparing the actual progress as compared to plan.
- Participate in the decision to optimize the work plan as per operation policy and assist in budgeting process.
- Understand the resources available from onsite and offsite suppliers for the plan, including equipment, materials, tradesmen, servicemen, laborers and contractors.
- Identify potential improvement opportunities with Maintenance Management Systems and develop, implement process to improve the long term maintenance planning and scheduling at Hub and Spoke facilities.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
Degree in Business or engineering related field
Any professional certification or affiliation related to maintenance management practice
- Drivers License
- Passport - ability to cross international borders
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance systems and processes
- Ability to create actionable items out of data and information
- Strategic planning, coupled with tactical execution
- Ability to use computer and applicable company software.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications - MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access, MS project
- Able to apply standards and processes that maintain regulatory compliance
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills
- Financial understanding, with the ability to set strategy against financial goals
- Understanding of metrics that drive fleet maintenance performance
- Ability to work across business lines in a matrix organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated project and change leadership ability
- Ability to facilitate/train others, and ability to navigate and handle difficult conversations.
- Requires sitting, acuity, speaking and listening
- Requires standing, grasping and reaching
- Requires walking, stooping and crouching
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer
- May require lifting, pulling and/or pushing or carrying up to 50 lbs
Clean Harbors - 2 years ago
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste management...