This person will lead the discipline specific maintenance planning effort, which includes daily, down turn and major outage maintenance activities. The Planner must understand equipment capabilities and limitations as related to product quality, facility productivity, cost of operation, and overall reliability .
- Plan and organize preventive, predictive, and normal maintenance / repair activities of equipment.
- Produce time schedules for weekly, downturn, and projects.
- Provide data for short and long range capital projects
- Assist in other maintenance efforts as required.
- Proficient with computers, including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Knowledge of PM programs and proper application of a CMMS
- Knowledge of parts and material suppliers and procurement
- Knowledge of mechanical drives, hydraulics and cranes systems
- Knowledge of industrial power equipment – transformers, switchgears, DC & AC Drives
- General knowledge of digital logic instrumentation and closed-looped control systems utilizing programmable controllers and microprocessors.
- Able to read and understand blue prints, job procedures and schematics
- Able to apply common sense approach to manpower allocation and asset prioritization
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Directs maintenance crew as required
Applicant must have 1 – 3 years of maintenance planning experience.
Associate Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Technology.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
ArcelorMittal - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Few metal makers have the mettle of ArcelorMittal. The company is easily the largest steel-making entity in the world, producing more...