The Maintenance Planner schedules the day to day activities of the facility maintenance department. The position is responsible for processing and administering all work order requests, customer trouble calls and the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). The Maintenance Planner follows up as needed to assure customer satisfactions to work order requirements.
- Receives all written and electronic customer work requests, verifies completeness of all entries, enter information into CMMS, issues work order ticket, determines appropriate supervisor and closes work orders upon completion
- Communicates with requester to determine total scope of work and priority of the work to be performed. Keeps requester apprised as to the status of the work order until completion
- Administers the preventative maintenance tracking and documentation programs, assigns and distributes the work to the appropriate supervisor, reviews scope and frequency of assignments with the supervisor and makes changes where required
- Identifies resources and materials required to execute the requested work. May verify the availability of those resources prior to scheduling the work or arranges for appropriate alternatives.
- Generates and provides management reports on topics tracked such as overtime, work backlog, equipment repair history and cost, trouble calls, work orders, and customer satisfaction.
- Submits written notifications to departments to coordinate upcoming shutdowns.
- May identify opportunities to improve process, planning or performance through analysis of work order flow, project demands and expectations
- Bachelors degree (4 year degree) prefer and engineering discipline
- Three to five year's progressive experience in scheduling/planning activities for a maintenance department in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of skill trades, property management, craft skills, and engineering or comparable industry experience desired
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have knowledge of blueprints and utilization of PC based systems
About the Company:
- May need to demonstrate working knowledge of regulatory code requirements for related fields (i.e. OSHA, EPA)
- Familiarity with an automated maintenance management system is a plus
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company provides customers with a variety of products including rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel, security materials and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation - 18 months ago