The purpose of this position is to improve the work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning.
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for providing structured job plans to ensure efficient and effective deployment of necessary maintenance and contract resources.
Interacts on a regular basis with crush operators, all maintenance staff and other facility personnel.
- Responsible for all aspects of Job Plan Development for both planned and scoped work.
Research the task to be performed and record details in a structured chronological Job Plan.
Attach all pertinent job safety requirements, required permits, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and environmental policy rules and regulations.
Initiate the procurement of parts, special tools, and rental equipment required in the job plans.
Contents of the job plan should include all tools and parts necessary, required crafts, special skills and number of technicians, drawings and pictures.
Estimate of the hours and cost required for the task to be performed. Maintain master job plan catalogue.
- Participate in MOC process for new plant equipment or modifications.
- Maintain master equipment files, both hard copy and electronic (MAXIMO)
- Responsible to perform Planner work flow functions in MAXIMO.
- Participate in team effort to develop maintenance procedures and preventative and predictive maintenance process for all critical equipment within the facility.
- Focus on long range planning activities – removed from day to day crisis management.
Develop and maintain an annual Preventive Maintenance (PM) calendar.
Participate in weekly scheduling activities.
- Track equipment repair history, costs and repetitive repairs to develop/implement proactive repair planning.
- Responsible for all maintenance department job plans for safe operation and maintenance tasks associated with repair/replacement/improvement activities.
- Attend various safety and department meetings.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining the asset database and implementing the Equipment Maintenance Strategy within Maximo.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Assist other crush and plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have minimum two (2) years experience as a maintenance craftsperson or equivalent role in industry.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and to look at the larger picture.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude to work from all types of blueprints, maintenance manuals, and drawings and the mathematical knowledge required for such work.
- Must have ability to read and interpret original equipment manufacturer manuals and industrial drawings such as:
mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, instrumentation prints.
- Must have the ability to use precision measurement tools (i.e. Micrometers, depth gages, calipers, machinist level).
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and follow-up skills.
- Must have strong computer skills including software programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Must be computer literate including being able to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in confined space.
- Must be able and willing to work 8 hour shifts including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift for occasional emergency or planned routine maintenance.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Experience in preventative maintenance, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting on high-speed equipment in a fast-paced production environment.
- Knowledge of plant equipment design, proper operation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (MAXIMO).
- Previous experience with maintenance planning processes.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance procedures, practices and regulations.
- Previous participation on a safety committee.
- Predictive technology experience.