Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
Colgate-Palmolive invites applications for the Maintenance Planner position located at our new Greenwood, SC plant. This is an exciting opportunity to experience a new plant start-up for a world-class manufacturing company.
Responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Reviews, prioritizes, optimizes and schedules work orders and up/down time Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Defines, creates, improves and manages equipment structure and equipment Bill Of Materials (BOMs) in SAP PM
- Coordinates between Planning, Operations and Maintenance to perform PM activities
- Audits work order completion and effectiveness
- Assists with root cause analysis to identify reasons for equipment failures
- Insures availability of incoming and outgoing maintenance parts for PM’s, rebuilds, work orders and stockroom
- Functions as an SAP PM Power User and Guides/Instructs/Trains other Technicians on SAP Functions
- Orders parts through SAP and assists in inventory control
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and makes recommendations for changes in product or test method
- Plans and coordinates machine inspections both with plant and outside resources
- Provides support on capital projects to determine PM plans and changes in SAP equipment structure.
- Works with OEM & consultants to solve related problems
- Recommends list of spare parts to be stored on site
- Delivers against maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Implements predictive and preventive maintenance programs
- Identifies, recommends, and implements continuous improvement initiatives and manufacturing cost reduction programs utilizing Factory Performance and Reliability (FP&R) standards and processes
- Follows Colgate-Palmolive guidelines related to Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Quality, and Regulatory within area of responsibility
- Other job functions that may be assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic and basic electrical knowledge.
- Practical skills in working with technical documentation (mechanical drawings, BOMs, P&IDs, equipment manuals)
- Teamwork and cross functional cooperation style of work.
- Action/Decision making capability
- Requires climbing, bending, kneeling and the ability to lift 50 pounds and the availability to remain on-call for nights and weekend coverage.
- 3 years maintenance work experience in a manufacturing, production or operation environment
- Technical Certification or Degree
- Experience working with food safety regulated environments (AIB, FDA, USDA, cGMP)
- Working knowledge of SAP
Colgate-Palmolive Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of Colgate-Palmolive Company to comply with all applicable fair employment practices and equal opportunity laws in every country where Colgate employees work, and to provide employment opportunities, as well as administer all terms and conditions of employment, to all qualified persons on an equal basis. Colgate-Palmolive Company prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by law.
Colgate Palmolive - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Colgate-Palmolive takes a bite out of grime. The company is a top global maker and marketer of toothpaste and soap and cleaning products....