The Dow Chemical Company has a job opening for a
in the Hydrocarbons Products area of Maintenance at the
St. Charles Operations
, located in
. The Maintenance Field Planner is an individual experienced in the Dow Maintenance process (GMWP) with skills and knowledge to create a job package from the work order scope. The job package includes all information about required Site leveraged resources, i.e. labor, materials, tools, equipment, & services needed to ensure safe, effective, and efficient execution of the work.
- Develop the appropriate job packet documentation for use in the planning process.
- Use measurement process to track planning effectiveness.
- Review work orders for job scope completeness and return to Gatekeeper if incomplete.
- Prepare job packet in "GEMTS" to include: Labor, tools, equip., materials, & services needed to complete job.
- Use Quality Feedback from "Do work" person to optimize/archive job plans.
- When possible use "Archived" job plans for basis of actual plans.
- Make field visits when needed to complete job plans.
- Move jobs to "Active" backlog when material availability is confirmed.
- Identify task activities necessary to execute job plan.
- Identify/solicit Safety information & requirements to perform job tasks.
- Record tasks & information within the work order.
- Make cost a consideration in planning.
- TWIC card or must be able to obtain one upon hire.
- Current, valid US drivers license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Knowledge of/or willingness to learn new computer skills such as running Macros, running Business objects, and Access Queries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Able to work within an empowered team environment.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Planning or scheduling experience.
- Working knowledge of GEMTS and/or SAP.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2 or more years of experience in Maintenance, Construction, Operations, and/or a Craft is required.
- Craft (millwright, pipefitter, instrumentation, electrical, etc.) degree or certification
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company connects chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, renewable energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's diversified industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 160 countries and in high growth sectors such as electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture. In 2012, Dow had annual sales of approximately $57 billion and employed approximately 54,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 5,000 products are manufactured at 188 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
The Dow Chemical Company
- 20 months ago - save job
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...