The Maintenance Planner position is responsible for assisting with the development of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance. They will work directly with the Maintenance Manager to build a reliable maintenance team. The Planner will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. The Planner position requires hands on maintenance experience. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Maintain equipment records in SAP
- Add (and Inactive) equipment records to as equipment is installed or de-installed
- Maintain equipment attributes, such as ABC, type, functional location to support repair analysis.
- Maintain equipment catalog profiles to drive part failure data collection on notifications.
- Setup and maintain all predictive and preventative maintenance plans in SAP to maximize equipment reliability.
- Determine the most effective method/tool to conduct preventative and predictive maintenance checks based on equipment critically.
- Setup PM plan in SAP for each piece of equipment, including frequency, mechanic tasks, parts needs, tools needed, safety procedures.
- Generate PM work orders in SAP, from the PM plans for the next 14-28 days.
- Monitor and report if PM work is being completed to maintain equipment reliability, and comply with regulations and audits.
- Release and Schedule PM work orders to maintenance crews.
- Seek input from maintenance supervisors to continually improve and adjust PM plans based on equipment and part performance/failure.
- Monitor and analyze SAP part failure data (along with supervisors and maintenance manager) to detect trends (good or bad).
- Plan and Schedule Corrective work to maximize crew utilization and effectiveness.
- Reviews work request (SAP Notifications), collaborates with requestor, and creates the Work Order
- Plans the work, including estimated labor by craft (Mech, Elect, Refrig), and special equipment or permits needed.
- Identifies and reserves parts (or creates purchase requisitions) for parts and services.
- Prepares job plans and work order packets for mechanics.
- Maintains a task list library for reuse.
- === Scheduling ===
- Interfaces with operations to validate work priority and equipment availability
- Collaborates with Maintenance Supervisors on next week’s available hours (crew size), to build weekly schedule
- Reviews Planned Backlog of work that is ready to execute
- Selects work from backlog and schedules the work to crews (while minimizing scheduled overtime).
- Leads weekly maintenance scheduling meeting.
- Prepares weekly metrics -
The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have at least 1 year experience as a maintenance planner or coordinator.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial maintenance and electrical functions.
- Ability to build and use maintenance library for repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret technical/engineering documents, drawings, schematics.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication.
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade degree required.
• Must be willing to work a changing shift schedule and on a rotating weekend on call list.
• Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data, research parts and analyze repair history detail.
• Thorough working knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Purchasing, and Microsoft Office products. Prefer SAP experience.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50#.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is regularly exposed to wet conditions.
• The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
• The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
• The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Pilgrim's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pilgrim's - 18 months ago