Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Technical Operations Mission Statement
To provide safe and reliable air transportation at the lowest possible cost while supporting a superior guest experience.
Main Purpose of the Role
Works with aircraft maintenance technical operations and other operational departments to ensure planning and scheduling of FAA approved maintenance program requirements. The maintenance planning team is in charge of ensuring maintenance workloads, scheduling manpower, scheduling facilities, tooling test equipment and reviewing material availability.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Professional Experience Required
- Prepares routine maintenance items associated with scheduled daily operational maintenance.
- Runs scheduled maintenance forecast reports (5 days, 120 days, heavy maintenance, etc).
- Reviews maintenance from previous night to determine what tasks are "open, closed or deferred."
- Reviews MEL routing report.
- Works with A/C routing and scheduling on aircraft required to remain overnight (RON) at each maintenance station.
- Schedule routing for deferred maintenance and MEL requirements.
- Works with Maintenance Control team to schedule MELs, CDLs and tracks borrowed parts as required.
- Maintains a planning shift turnover report.
- Maintains maintenance planning fleet mod status by adding new EOs, updating accomplished EOs, and verifying parts to schedule EOs.
- Works with other technical operations departments to ensure scheduled work packages meet compliance requirements, operational limitations, maintenance workloads, manpower requirements, facility schedules, tooling test equipment and parts availability.
- The Planner will schedule each work package to assure completion before the time limit is reached.
- At least 4 years in aircraft maintenance.
- Minimum of 2 years of maintenance planner experience.
- Strong background and knowledge of aircraft maintenance systems.
- Working knowledge of maintenance programs and aircraft routing.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Project, PowerPoint.
- TRAX, SABRE, MXi and SCEPTRE experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid A&P Certificate
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, nights and weekends.
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the airline...