Reports to Assistant Director, Campus Operations. Responsibilities include performing a variety of tasks in maintenance of buildings and equipment
Principal Functional Responsibilities
• Replaces, repairs and maintains various plumbing equipment such as water and sewage lines, sinks, faucets, toilets, showers and pipes; performs minor installation of same; opens plugged drains; checks pipes for leaks; replaces, repairs and maintains pipe covering insulation; lubricates pumps and valves; and changes filters and motor couplers
• Replaces light bulbs and fixtures in high locations which require use of lift, repairs extension cords and installs temporary wiring, as required.
• Tests and installs fuses, automation controls, dimming systems, electric tools, and test equipment
• Repairs and replaces doors and windows; repairs floors, walls, roofs, furniture, door closers and locks; installs locks
• Paints fixtures, rooms, buildings, signs, equipment and furniture as required.
• Replaces and maintains various HVAC equipment such as heating lines, thermostats, heaters, air conditioners, air handlers, centrifugal chillers and steam boilers; cleans and performs minor installation of same; adjusts and replaces belts on motors and other drive equipment as required.
• Performs electrical work for the layout, installation, and maintenance of electrical power systems, both inside and outside, building wiring, protective devices, breakers, switches, panels, fuses, controls, and related wiring devices.
• Installs and maintains all types of wiring methods, devices, appliances, cables, wires, controls, batteries, emergency systems, computer terminals, special circuits, recorders, clocks, timing devices, lighting, monitoring devices, buss systems, controllers, contractors, safety switches, electric eyes, motors, motor control circuits, motor control centers and controls.
• Installs and maintains necessary wiring for fan systems, air handling units, refrigeration and cooling equipment, boilers, heating equipment, exhaust handlers, alarm devices.
• Chemical testing as required to maintain boiler and cooling equipment.
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics
Education/Degrees: High school education; Industrial Arts curriculum preferred; additional education in the
License: Valid State of Ohio vehicle operator’s license.
Experience: Two to four years of skilled electrical, heating, air conditioning, plumbing and carpentry
experience for a total of two years experience.
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Ability to read and write and to accurately follow written and oral instructions and to use basic mathematics.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Knowledge and experience in the use of hand and power tools and welding equipment.
Physical dexterity and the ability to lift up to 80 pounds