Performs maintenance service and repairs in several skills areas including plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, machine servicing, electrical repairs, installations or vehicle servicing. Installs, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, conveyor systems, forklifts and material handling equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Performs all work within established safety standards; is responsible for managing own work and work around others with utmost adherence to good safety practices avoiding injury, damage or cost to the company.
• May be required to provide estimates of time and material cost on various projects and activities.
• Requisitions supplies and equipment with appropriate approvals.
• Works with vendors to provide needed services, with appropriate approvals and within established time and budget parameters.
• The work is typically active and physical in nature, and requires normal accessibility to all work sites required of the position. The position may require extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays. The position is typically working in areas where air conditioning is unavailable and may be exposed to chemicals that are routinely present in the Company’s warehouse facilities.
• At least 5-7 years of maintenance experience, preferably in a warehouse or similar environment.
• Preventative maintenance experience.
• The ability to work in a team environment.
• Must have good attendance and attention to detail.
• Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate material handling equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Ability to learn new functions, processes and methodologies.
• Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
To survive against home improvement giants such as The Home Depot and Lowe's, True Value (formerly TruServ) is relying on the true...