Maintenance Ride Technician
Position Information: Full Time, Hourly
Position Summary: This is a journeyman level position responsible for executing maintenance and repair projects for the zoo rides and other associated facilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all daily pre-opening safety inspections on zoo rides
- Performs all Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly ride PM’s (including lubrication)
- Performs all routine maintenance on Zoo vehicles (including lubrication)
- Maintains an inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
- Develops and recommends capital improvements, equipment acquisition, and other improvements
- Inspects and monitors facilities and equipment for public safety, maintenance, repair, and/or replacement needs.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance records and reports.
- Develops and maintains positive relations and communications with Zoo staff and the general public
- Supports other Facility positions as needed for the successful operation/repair of zoo related issues
- And other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of mechanical systems and machinery
- Considerable knowledge of engines, lubrication, bearings, hydraulics, electric, and alignment
- Skilled in the use of tools pertinent to machinery, and general shop duties
- Welding and Electrical skills preferred
- Motivated self-starter- Must be able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational abilities
- Effective communication skills—Ability to develop positive relationships with members of all departments
- Ability to complete projects in a reasonable time frame, to the complete satisfaction of the customer
- Deal courteously and tactfully with employees, peers, superiors, and the general public
- Working knowledge of Hand and Power Tools
- Considerable Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions.
- Read blueprints, mechanical drawings, and other diagrams
- Prefer Journeyman level of experience and education
- A minimum of three years experience as an automotive or maintenance mechanic required
- Four years of experience in progressively responsible general maintenance operations
- Ride Maintenance experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirements
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions typical to west central Florida (i.e., heat, rain, or cold)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have ability to navigate paved as well as rough construction sites.
- Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be willing and able to work varied and long shifts including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to plan for, work, and staff specials events and exhibits as well as be available for unexpected shifts
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, bending, standing, and walking
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo - 2 years ago