Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating maintenance, overhauls and equipment upgrades during normal operation hours. Also, responsible for assessing plant equipment problems, failures and evaluate parts equipment.
Essential Job Functions
Research vendors to supply material / plant equipment needs and requirements to maintain Plant operation.
Maintain Plant inventory control and management
Develop positive working relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure that parts and materials can be ordered and received in a timely manner
Manage inventory levels to ensure that parts wait times and equipment down times are minimized.
Acquire, enter, evaluate, and apply parts costs to work requests.
Monitor workflow during critical activities to ensure that maintenance personnel have the parts and equipment they need to complete repairs.
Write replacement equipment specifications, for repairs, upgrades, and vendor services.
Maintain parts and equipment manuals, plant record drawings, and equipment warranty information.
Run corrective, preventive maintenance, material, and personnel reports.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced training past the high school level
- 4 to 6 years of experience in an industrial plant parts/stock room
Licenses & Certifications
- General knowledge of the computerized maintenance management system
- General knowledge of standard plant safety procedures
- General knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Understanding of various vendors providing plant equipment
- General knowledge of shipping, receiving, and warehouse management
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Occasional outside work required. Shifts are schedule varying hours and the incumbent must be able to work all required shifts. Requires lifting and other physical movements.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
4 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
City of Garland - 18 months ago