Supervises a group of maintenance technicians engaged in performing corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance procedures to material handling equipment, controls systems, and associated scanning equipment by establishing performance expectations and managing to those expectations.
- Management responsibilities include, but not limited to: coaching, skills development, recognitions and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Ensures compliance and is responsible to address variances and other budget concerns.
- Communicates the level of quality and safety expected in the performance of maintenance tasks in alignment with FedEx Ground standards.
- Ensures best practices for corrective and preventative maintenance procedures are followed including timely, accurate completion of the preventative maintenance program.
- Manages the daily use of all Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) activities (e.g. maintenance entry and processing work orders).
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of sortation electrical and mechanical systems.
- Completes quality audits of technician work tasks and communicates results.
- Identifies and proposes improvements to the material handling system to improve operations.
- Acquires bids from, and manages, vendors and suppliers, including building and grounds maintenance, repair and improvement vendors.
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Twelve (12) years light-industrial maintenance experience required; ten (10) years light-industrial maintenance experience required with preferred degree.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to concisely communicate with all levels of management.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Ability to motivate a team to perform at the highest level by inspiring a shared vision and empowering them to act.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills that include the ability to concisely present information to operations management.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical design, layout fabrication and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications.
- Knowledge of motors and motor control methods.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of PLC and computer controls systems.
- Thorough understanding of the SWAK (Barcode Reader) control system.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing the label scanners.
- Knowledge of applicable safety codes.
- Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...