Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs nearly 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Specialist to join our Order Management department and to be located in the NYC / New Jersey area.
This role reports to the Regional Solutions Manager.
The Maintenance Specialist I is a highly sales oriented role. Responsibilities align along three key areas; 1) Obtaining new business in the area of maintenance, audit services, and software where growth and development will be facilitated through coaching and mentoring from various business area leads, 2) renewal pipeline management through active coaching from business area leads and ITPM Manager, 3) performing maintenance audits. This individual will work closely with the Account Managers, Practice Area Directors, Hardware Product Teams, Sales Administration, and Product Logistics and is responsible for aligning the client’s maintenance support with their business requirements and specific systems, applications and overall architecture through direction and training from the ITPM Manager. Additionally, this individual will work closely with each of the manufacturers’ service sales reps to grow the business. Accountable for the accurate and timely compilation and analysis of maintenance product and financial data for maintenance contract transactions inclusive of the integration and maintenance management process in conjunction with direct internal and external customer support by performing the following duties:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Minimum and/or Preferred Qualifications:
- Generate net new maintenance renewal opportunities through internal sales planning with peers, direct management, account managers, district and sales management through direction and training from the ITPM Manager. Build trusted advisor relationship with clients to understand their service support challenges and recommend solutions utilizing intellectual property established by ITPM Manager or Maintenance Specialist II. Develop relationships with key manufacturers, distributors and other sources to grow business. Proactively track, engage (call, meet with, present, etc.) and close on opportunities to meet an individual assigned quota where growth and development will be facilitated through coaching and mentoring from various business area leads.
- Participate in regular communication with internal account team to identify, manage and close renewal pipeline opportunities for revenue, forecasting and deal management via CRM tools. Generate proposals, meet with clients and place follow-up phone calls where appropriate to assist with solutioning related to support contracts based on the client’s overall system solutions through active coaching from business area leads and ITPM Manager. Generate SOW’s and/or Data Sheets of support services deliverables based on predefined parameters and previously generated intellectual property from Maintenance Specialist II. Produce various manufacturer and internal reports related to the client’s install base to assist in the accounting planning process and facilitation of pursuit delivery. Collaborates with ITPM Manager with respect to managing complex client solutions and transactions. With the assistance of the ITPM Manager, provides expertise regarding support services to facilitate in the architecture and acquisition of upgrades and/or refreshes to clients system solutions.
- Provide ongoing client management of existing contracts via portal, install base and service contracts by identifying contract changes and ongoing quarterly, semi-annual and annual audit process for maintenance management program clients.
- Maintain expert knowledge in Forsythe’s overall offerings via training in regular 1:1 sessions with manager and/or business area leads and perform expert support services role for 2-3 manufacturers while maintaining a working knowledge of all Tier 1 and Tier 2 manufacturers. Establish manufacturer contacts and relationships to facilitate new and existing opportunities. Enhance expertise through manufacturer certification(s).
- Contribute to practice development, best practices, intellectual property, knowledge dissemination, internal meetings, training, etc. by working with other lines-of-businesses to ensure cross selling opportunities are being planned for, addressed and integrated.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Forsythe Experience: 2-3 years experience in technology industry with presales support experience.
- No Forsythe Experience: 3-4 years experience in a presales support role with proven track record of results.
- At least one industry certification preferred.
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Understands and can articulate value regarding support services of multiple LOB’s.
- Ability to communicate offerings related to other areas of business (professional services, 1st call support, and managed services).
- The ability to understand customer needs and link them to Forsythe solutions.
- Independent self-starter.
- Team collaboration expected.
- Creative problem solving skills to help the organization achieve its sales/margin objectives.
- Strong sales skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Attention to detail and process oriented.
- Strong skills with Excel and Access.
- Willing, creative, organized and credible team player.
- Proven track record of accomplishments and results.
- General Office Activities.
- At customer / partner sites up to 60% of the time.
- Travel required (potential for out of town / overnight travel).
Forsythe - 2 years ago