Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring Lutheran congregations, through upholding the LSS mission of “Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest”, core values and code of conduct.
Responsible for general upkeep of the interior and exterior of the building and grounds, including assisting in keeping the building systems functioning properly and safely.
“Performs 'as needed' duties such as removing trash, changing light bulbs and making plumbing repairs. Participates in project work such as inventory, replacing air filters, etc. Set up and breakdown tables, chairs and other items needed for special events.”
“Performs a variety of general cleaning and floor care duties including scrubbing, mopping, waxing, buffing, extracting and vacuuming.”
“In inclement weather, keeps floors and entrances to building clean and dry. Removes ice and snow from roadways, walkways, driveways and parking areas.”
“Relieves Security patrols and dispatch as needed.”
“Assists in painting hallways, doors, lounges, offices and vacant apartments”
Competes work orders as assigned to repair or install equipment and machinery or HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, concrete lock, grounds work and assist resident’s and/or customers with general maintenance needs.
Prepares apartments to bring them on line, including painting, carpet cleaning, plastering, making repairs and any other tasks necessary to make unit ready for move in.
Performs HVAC upkeep, tracks inventory, recommends purchases and completes reports.
Conducts equipment maintenance, testing, lubricating and cleaning machinery and reporting any equipment malfunctions, repairs or replaces defective items.
Assists in maintaining the appearance of the main buildings, out-buildings and grounds, including snow removal and salting.
Sets up and operates machine tools such as grinder, drill, fabrication equipment, jigs, fixtures and tools.
Follows infection control procedures, including proper hand washing, trash/waste storage and disposal and wearing protective clothing and equipment when handling waste and chemical agents.
Follows all safety procedures and protocol as dictated by LSS policy, federal and state regulations and reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment and accidents or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
Person-Directed, Quality Focused Care to including the following:
Leadership and Partnership to include the following:
- Through interaction and observation of resident’s individual preferences, concerns and desires creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm resident environment.
- Takes direction and cues from each resident as an individual to tailor their interactions with and care of each resident based on direction and feedback from the resident.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement and looks for ways to make things better and listens to and shares ideas.
- Protect and support resident rights and immediately reports any violations to the appropriate personnel.
Learning and Teaching Centered to include the following:
- Takes active role in providing quality care and services, contributing to resident/customer outcomes and the organization’s success.
- Takes initiative. If you know something needs to be done, do it.
- Shares thoughts, ideas and suggestions and provides input when requested.
- Accepts responsibility for doing job the right way and admits and learns from mistakes.
- Contributes to making everyone feel that they belong. Do not offend, make fun of, embarrass or gossip about coworkers.
- Open to new ideas, different points of view and changes.
- Discusses and resolves differences constructively, shares concerns appropriately and directly with those involved and/or obtains direction from supervisor or Human Resources.
- Practices good stewardship, uses resources wisely and responsibly.
Customer Service Driven in interactions with residents, family members, co-workers and all other customers to include the following:
- Encourages and supports residents to continue to maintain independence and to continually learn and grow, encouraging them to live life to the fullest.
- Looks for and helps to create new opportunities for residents to participate and/or make a contribution.
- Seeks opportunities to grow skills and knowledge, whether through formal or informal means.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes, orientation programs, and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Friendly to residents, families and coworkers. Smiles and uses basic manners, such as greeting people in a warm manner, offering to help, and thanking customers for the opportunity to serve them.
- Answers phones in a polite manner, greeting the caller, giving your name and asking what you can do for the caller.
- Shows concern for customers by listening closely, apologizes for any problems, is supportive and makes sure everyone feels ppreciated and valued.
- Provides service always identifying yourself and explaining what you are doing.
- Respects privacy, follows HIPPA requirements, only shares information on an as needed basis and always knocks on resident’s door before entering.
- Represents the organization and coworkers in a positive light to residents, family members and other customers.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Class E driver’s license required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations.
Other Required Characteristics
Must possess knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, small equipment repair.
Must be proficient in the use of saws, hand tools, carpentry equipment, buffers, waxers, lawn equipment and alarm systems.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way statesor implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position.
The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by LSS in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lutheran Senior Services - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Lutheran Senior Services is a faith-inspired, mission-driven organization that exists for those we serve. Ranked as the 10th largest...