Position Responsibilities (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, skill requirements, travel requirements)
- Provide leadership in administering Holcim's safety, health, and environmental policies
- Lead and facilitate the mechanical and electrical maintenance activities in the slag grinding plant to ensure optimum availability of equipment for production through effective scheduling and quality of maintenance.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction for the area in a manner consistent with company values, and ensure alignment with plant and company goals
- Work with Planner to review existing PM routines and adjust according to equipment history and equipment availability.
- Plan major maintenance projects and develop capital investment recommendations within the area. This includes preparing cost estimates and justifications for the capital plan, and conducting economic and operational feasibility studies on proposed mechanical and electrical modifications and additions.
- Develop plant maintenance budget, and accountable for results based on defined KPIs
- Coordinate work with production and logistics to ensure plant availability.
- Use Holcim systems, such as MAC, SAP, PMA, etc., to optimize overall equipment effectiveness at the lowest sustainable cost of maintenance.
- Lead and/or assist in administering the plant’s CSR activities.
- Support, demonstrate, and facilitate the concepts of continuous learning and continuous. improvement in a values based high performance organization
- Responsible for training, development and involvement of employees within the plant.
- Determine and recommend appropriate mechanical and electrical maintenance staffing and skill levels for the plant.
Position Dimensions (i.e., communication skills, planning, teamwork, technical knowledge, leadership, initiative)
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is preferred
Other Related Experiences Required of Preferred
- Effective leadership, delegation, coaching and interpersonal skills; trustworthy and trusting of others
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and sound decision making based on available information
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Able to facilitate the collaboration of people
- Initiative and self-starting abilities; willing to take action to resolve problems
- Customer focused, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated technical proficiency for area of responsibility
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project-management skills
- Capable of being a change agent and motivating others towards a vision of the future
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical maintenance systems is required.
- Knowledge of electrical maintenance systems is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of combined management level and cement industry experience in a supervisory role.
- Computer skills; knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experience with SAP desired.
Holcim - 2 years ago
There's nothing abstract about the concrete made by Holcim (US). The American arm of Swiss building products giant Holcim Ltd., it...