This position assumes total responsibility for the “physical plant.” Closely monitors, identifies and communicates problems in every phase of general maintenance of the building(s), including areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanic, painting, flooring, patching, general hardware, other minor building repairs and cleanliness. Makes recommendations, performs repairs, replacement maintenance and implements preventive maintenance as established by Company procedures and guidelines.
· Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building(s).
· Supervises, trains and directs maintenance staff through work orders.
· Plans, monitors, and appraises job results; coaches, counsels and disciplines employees.
· Assesses repair needs and estimated time needed for repair (including evaluating problems to determine whether or not professional assistance or further instruction is needed in order to complete task/repair).
· Monitors the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
· Inventories and acquisitions maintenance supplies.
· Maintains disaster preparedness by identifying potential problems, developing response plans, managing crises.
· Completes reports/work orders of repairs (work needed).
· On call availability for emergencies and projects as assigned by property manager.
· Schedules and assigns work responsibilities to employees to meet shift requirements.
· Requests materials, tools, and supplies needed for a job.
· Administrates preventive/reactive maintenance schedule.
· Records and evaluates preventive maintenance activities and programs.
· Oversees or participates in construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
· Observes/evaluates corrective maintenance or repair on equipment.
· Orients and trains employees to perform maintenance activities and tasks.
· Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
· Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
· Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Maintains current knowledge in the field of maintenance repairs and replacements through industry sponsored educational seminars. HVAC and/or other related trade licenses/ certifications may be required.
Must possess strong maintenance and repair skills in HVAC, cooling towers, chillers, painting, carpentry, plumbing and electricity. Requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work. Supervisory experience preferred. Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft offices applications. Word, Excel spreadsheets, and e-mail. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Special Requirements/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 14 ft on A-frames and 21 ft on extension ladders)
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 50 lbs occasionally to complete assigned job tasks
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word
- Maintain a valid Florida driver’s license
The Continental Group - 13 months ago
FirstService wants to be first when it comes to real estate services. The company has subsidiaries that provide commercial property...