Honda of America Mfg., Inc.
Provide strong and effective leadership to Plastics maintenance group by conveying Forming, MAP, and HAM corporate direction and set strategy for the group to achieve department goals. Develop and assign clear and concise roles and responsibilities for each member of assigned team. Develop the talents and skills of individual team members through frequent evaluation, feedback, and development planning. Insure 100% on time preventative maintenance (PM) completion for all maintenance associates. Track, analyze and countermeasure all maintenance related downtime in the department. Complete monthly business plan reporting for Delivery, Cost, etc. for the maintenance group. Plastics group leader responsible for time entry, overtime tracking, and reporting yearly overtime budget planning. Safety leader responsible for Plastics maintenance group ensuring team members are working in a safe and hazard free manner, completing all required accident reporting, and developing and implementing required countermeasures. Manage all contractor activities to ensure work is completed to the department’s expectations. Maintenance group leader for repair and maintenance budget cost control, budget tracking, and reporting yearly repair and maintenance cost planning. Maintenance group leader for team member training. Evaluate, schedule, and track training
for all team members to maintain and develop the skill sets required for the support of the department.
Lead all Plastics maintenance team activities as needed. Follow up on any turnover items from the previous shifts. Assist any team members on issues that may be outstanding. Respond to emergency break down calls within the department.
Previous maintenance leadership or supervisory role.
Must have a strong knowledge of equipment maintenance methods and practices. Be able to lead and direct maintenance manpower to complete all activities required from the group. Lead projects that improve or modify the existing equipment. Establish training programs and evaluations for team members on how to troubleshoot and repair equipment in the assigned area.
Develop and present budget information for planned activities.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use standard maintenance tools (hand tools, electrical VOM meters, etc.)
- Ability to gain a strong knowledge of all equipment within the department
- Ability to create, introduce and manage a training program to improve current and future maintenance technician skill levels.
No degree required
- Associates of Science degree in Engineering, or Engineering Technology (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Strong knowledge base of large tonnage plastic injection molding (750-4400 tons), plastics vibration welding, or vacuum forming machinery.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Mitsubishi GOT’s and Q series PLC’s.
- Project management experience
- AutoCAD software experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Maximo reporting system.
American Honda Motor Co.
- 22 months ago - save job
Nearly 30 years after we began building the Honda Accord in America, the news that Honda will build the fuel-efficient Honda Fit in our new...