The Avatar Hotel is looking for an experienced, organized, and team orientated person to join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor.
Are you ready for a fantastic opportunity that will help you do what you love (working with people) while impacting the bottom line? Are excited about the new stadium and all the business that it will bring to Santa Clara? Then keep reading!
What can we tell you about the property?
The Avatar Hotel, located near Great America Theme Park and the new Levi’s Stadium, has 168 guest rooms that offer modern furnishings that are suitable for both the road warrior and the leisure traveler. The Avatar has been called one of the most "geek chic" hotels in the world and the hotel's outdoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi round out the hotel's fun vibe.
Who is COMMUNE HOTELS + RESORTS?
We are an international hotel management company with a leading portfolio of transformative, boldly innovative boutique hotel and resort brands. We create the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
Take a look at what we’ve created so far:
At Commune, we are passionate about our culture and proud to hire high performing individuals that are aligned with our purpose – Creating Transformative Experiences that Inspire the Human Spirit.
- Joie de Vivre—our hip collection of hotels that focus on the quirky and the local.
- Thompson Hotels—urban and sophisticated properties that appeal to the modern nomad.
- Tommie—a design-centric, value-conscious line of hotels in gateway cities internationally.
To succeed in this role you are an individual who:
What you will be responsible for:
- Is self-motivated and hands-on
- Accomplishes work strategically and can think ahead to meet both team and guest needs
- Enjoys a fast paced work environment and can respond quickly and smartly
- Is curious about how and why things work
- A person who is able to blend an authentic, unique, and personalized service with a professional approach.
With this job, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our guests, employees, investors and communities. We are looking for someone that understands what it means to live the Spirit of Commune and believes in our culture as much as we do. Here are some essential job qualifications:
- The facilities operations for the hotel, including general preventative maintenance, organizing room renovation projects, HVAC and equipment functionality, maintenance.
- Oversight of maintenance team and ongoing room repairs, projects, purchasing, annual fire inspections, fire panels and life safety procedures.
- Performing and documenting major/minor preventative maintenance on equipment, such as HVAC, and laundry equipment.
- Observing and coordinating elevator and pool maintenance.
- Coordination with outside contractors and working with supervisor in ordering the necessary supplies, tools, etc. for property while maintaining repair par stocks.
- Offering transformational service to our guests!!
1. One to two years of Hotel Maintenance lead or supervisory experience
2. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
3. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
4. Four or more years prior experience in maintenance/engineering specific to electrical, plumbing and carpentry repair.
5. Hold certification in one of the following: 1) A/C and refrigeration with CFC certification, 2) Electrical, 3) Carpentry,
6. Building and equipment repairs.
7. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
8. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
9. Knowledge in Microsoft Office Software and Hotel PMS system.
10. Experience in implementing and maintaining effective Preventive Maintenance program.
1. Prior guest relations training.
2. Prior hotel experience.
3. Knowledge of proper equipment usage and repair.
4. Ability to read blue prints/schematics.
5. High School graduate or equivalent vocational training.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality
- 21 months ago - save job
- Avatar Angkor Hotel is centrally located in the heart of Siem Reap where you can explore and discover ancient temples of Angkor. This...