Broadwind Energy is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor. This position is located in Abilene, TX. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overall maintenance of plant equipment, tooling, and facilities maintenance to include housekeeping and other general repairs. The Maintenance Supervisor schedules work for all Maintenance staff and is responsible for administration of preventative maintenance programs. The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for assessing predictive maintenance and managing critical spares throughout the organization.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Communicates directly with operations to coordinate maintenance and repair work in production departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with customers, suppliers, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company onsite and elsewhere as required.
- Able to facilitate and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Lead and direct the daily assignments and duties of the Maintenance Department.
- Assist other managers with other projects as needed.
- Ability to create and follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and control standards.
- Ability to conduct him or herself in a disciplined and professional manner. Abides by all company rules and procedures set forth by the Company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities with milestones.
- Ability to facilitate orientation, supervise and train employees, to include organizing, planning, and controlling the placement of resources when needed to support production schedule.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to resolve conflicts and become a resource that adds value.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations for workforce and customers.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs for employees and leaders.
- Possess employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of Maintenance.
- Review of employee time and attendance cards/reports to insure correct reporting.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Associates degree with a technical emphasis preferred.
- Journeyman Certifications desired,
- Equivalent experience of 5 years or more can be substituted for related certifications.
- Experience with establishing and running preventative maintenance programs desired.
- Leadership experience of 3 years or more with related training preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in computer programs to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office required
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. with facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investments - quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website
to learn more about our organization