GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for ensuring maximum
efficient operations of facilities and processing
equipment through effective supervision of equipment,
changeovers, repair, maintenance and upgrades. Reviews
the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly,
to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve
problems in a timely manner, and to identify
opportunities for improvement. Directs staff of
maintenance mechanics. Sets priorities for projects and
work orders. Enforces safety and housekeeping practices,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for implementing the plant maintenance
program based on best practices in the industry, with an
emphasis on planning/scheduling and
2. Oversees and directs maintenance projects and staff,
making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing
the integration of technical activities.
3. Assures that plant equipment is ready for daily and
weekly start up, with a strong focus on problem areas.
4. Provides daily leadership and supervision to the
Maintenance team, including prioritization and
evaluation of work, recommendation and approval of
personnel actions, and assessment of team and individual
competencies and needed training. Develops, implements,
and measures plans to address gaps.
5. Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
6. Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes
recommendations for improving plant operations and
solving maintenance-related problems.
7. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance
parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost,
PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
8. Provides overall management for maintenance parts
inventory, balancing the requirement to have appropriate
spare parts on hand with maintaining reasonable internal
9. Initiates and carries out projects that improve
efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
10. Communicates and coordinates plant maintenance
efforts with Engineering group and others as necessary.
11. Oversees the work of external maintenance and
12. Through the use of SAP and other tools, analyzes
plant machine uptime and Maintenance Department
effectiveness. Takes action based on this information
13. Assures that all pertinent SOPs are being followed,
maintains compliance with GMPs. Confers with and assists
personnel under his/her supervision regarding
manufacturing difficulties. Assures proper training of
all personnel under his/her supervision, and
participates in cost-estimating activities.
14. Meets regularly with mechanics; communicates company
information. Develops goals and action plans, reviews
15. Maintains and updates operating and training manuals
for the maintenance department.
16. Responsible for communication coordination among
17. Provides leadership in creating and maintaining a
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field and at
least 5 years of maintenance mechanic work at least 2 of
which have been in a management role. May substitute
additional years of experience for education. Experience
in an aseptic manufacturing environment strongly
DPT Laboratories - 20 months ago