The position of Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall reliability and asset health of Germantown and Waukesha, WI locations. The Maintenance Supervisor provides overall supervision, leadership and tactical execution of the site business plan to ensure the maintenance department is aligned with plant, product line and business unit expectations. This includes the execution of a PM program, purchasing/receiving of supplies and repair parts, responsibility for all site utilities (including boilers, electrical distribution and compressed air) and responsibility for contract labor used to maintain the plants.
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the Maintenance Supervisor include:
• Ensure One DSM philosophy and core values define the culture of the maintenance department at the locations.
• Provide safety leadership for the employees in the maintenance department and throughout the locations.
• Direct and develop employees in the maintenance department.
• Enforce and support business unit, product line and location policies, procedures and initiatives which includes SHE, food safety, product integrity, purchasing, inventory controls, reliability excellence and HR processes.
• Interact with other product line and plant functions including Quality Management, Operations, Finance and Commercial Operations.
• Manage vendor and supplier relationships.Principal Accountabilities: 25% - Assist in the deployment of and systemize the use of preventative and predictive maintenance practices to support improved asset health and reliability of Germantown and Waukesha locations.25% - Develop, supervise and coach six direct reports. Daily direction given to maintenance employees on reliability activities. On-going training of employees through site-specific and job skill enhancement training programs. Work with peers at location in establishing consistent personnel policies. Network with other facilities to establish consistent plant practices. Lead department/area in a manner that leads to engaged employees.15% - Troubleshoot and problem solve equipment and process failures by working with production and maintenance teams and utilizing root cause analysis tools, (RCA, 5Why, etc). Implement effective corrective actions to eliminate recurrence of failures. 15% - Complete small capital projects as well as support large capital projects as needed.10% - Assist with R&M, contract labor and professional services budget for the location.10% - Lead a proactive approach to environment, health and safety, food safety. This includes working with other applicable functions within the business unit.
• Associate's degree in a technical, engineering, or maintenance discipline.
• Minimum 3+ years of supervisory experience – in maintenance, engineering or production in the Food or Beverage Industry.
• Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (production, quality, logistics, accounting, etc.), contractors, suppliers, inspectors and customers.
• Experience using and continuously improving a formal Preventative Maintenance program - CMMS knowledge and familiarity.
• Working knowledge of predictive maintenance technology (vibration, oil, infrared, ultrasonic analysis, etc).
• Strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude.
• Working knowledge of Safety, Food Safety, OSHA and Environmental regulations.
• Demonstrated team building, leadership and conflict resolution skills. Knowledge of basic HR practices, EEO and other applicable policies and regulations.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills (communication, coaching, recognition).
• Demonstrated sound decision making and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated capital project management experience.
• Ability to hire, develop, train, engage and retain employees.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal, written, presentation) at various levels within an organization and with customers.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.Preferred:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical discipline.
• Hands-on and able to do basic mechanic's duties and repairs.
• CMMS Implementation experience.
• SAP knowledge.Must exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and external focus; Drive For Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and Change.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers. The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and submit your resume and salary requirements. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...