The Maintenance Supervisor leads, coordinates and facilitates daily activities to plan, schedule, direct and control assigned maintenance processes in order that we meet customer demand. This will include, but is not limited to, managing repair, preventative maintenance, fabrication, modification, installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous operations. Leads maintenance activities on utility systems to provide necessary resources for plant operations.
- Ensures effective team member relations.
- Provides coaching and development to assigned technicians.
- Resolves team member relations issues through problem resolution.
- Balances quality, safety, productivity, cost and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Supports the Circle of Excellence and the Dawn Philosophy of Team Dawn. Provides strong leadership and technical expertise to maintain existing procedures and drive continuous improvement.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with maintenance and leadership team.
- Partners with leadership team to resolve maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Facilitates activities to minimize downtime. Analyzes downtime by area; investigates and proposes or implements solutions and evaluates results with team.
- Directs training and indoctrination of assigned technicians to improve work performance and develop them to follow proper procedures, standards, handling of equipment; also trains technicians on proper handling of hazardous chemicals and other maintenance specific topics.
- Facilitates a safe work environment through auditing and inspecting areas for safety hazards and observing team member safe work habits.
- Corrects any OSHA violations and potential hazards in a timely manner.
- Successful candidates must possess at least an Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete courses in maintenance and engineering through the American Institute of Baking (AIB) or equivalent within one year of assuming position.
- Must possess operational knowledge of computer software (MS Office Suite, AS400, WMS, PLC) or the ability to acquire these skills.
- Technical certification through the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR) is preferred.
They don't wait for the sun to come up at this company. The ovens are always fired up at Dawn Food Products. The company provides a...