This position is located in Monongohela, PA.
Evidence of success
- Ensure safety of all maintenance tasks and team members and develop a zero incident mind-set.
- Manage and develop a team of highly skilled Unionized Hourly trade personnel.
- Select and Manage Maintenance and Construction Contractors for Maintenance and Minor project work to meet safety, quality, cost and deadline targets.
- Supervise routine planned and reactive breakdown Mechanical, Instrument and Electrical work including Inspections, PM’s, Over-hauls and Repairs.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and call-outs.
- Develop Standard Maintenance Task documents to drive precision maintenance.
- Identify and implement opportunities for Continuous Improvement in Maintenance tasks
- Obtain Cost estimates and optimize labor and materials to meet department budget.
- Collaborate with Operations and ESH departments to achieve site targets.
- Implement best practice maintenance for Rotating Equipment, Static Equipment, Pressure Systems.
- Perform RCFA and Troubleshooting of Mechanical and Instrument / Electrical to improve asset reliability.
- Maintenance Department & Contractor activities meet or exceed Legal, Corporate and Site ESH requirements.
- Maintenance Hourly personnel are highly motivated, have the skills and capabilities required by the site and are actively engaged in safety, reliability and cost improvement activities.
- Precision maintenance contributes to the improving asset reliability of the site demonstrated by improved OEE availability, Mean Time Between Failures, % Reactive work.
- Planned and Predictive Maintenance inspections are completed to schedule.
- Maintenance Department Procedures are continually improved to drive safety, efficiency and cost performance.
- Maintenance plans are well coordinated with Operations to allow production plans / targets to be met.
- Maintenance Turn-arounds are well planned and organized and meet safety, quality, cost and time targets.
Position Reports to: Maintenance Manager (Monongahela)
- Results orientation
- Build relationships
- People Management
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Manage and improve processes
Qualifications and Requirements:
An associate or graduate degree in a Mechanical discipline a distinct advantage.
Experience & Skills:
- Craft / trade school qualifications preferably millwright with 10+ years of Maintenance Supervisor experience in a large Industrial Manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of Industrial safety systems and legislation – OSHA, LOTO, Permit to work, NEC, Confined Space, Behavioral Based Safety programs.
- Troubleshoot Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument systems (pumps, compressors, valves, conveyors, boilers, motors, instrumentation, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC’s)
- Hands on experience inspecting, disassembly, overhaul and repair of industrial scale pumps, compressors, conveyors, high pressure pipe work, hydraulics, pneumatics.
- Hands on experience of welding, rigging / lifting, scaffolding.
- Knowledge of industrial vehicles such as scissors lift, JLG, Fork Lift Trucks .
- Direct Supervision of Union Mechanics and Electricians in an Industrial setting.
- Experience of Predictive and Preventative maintenance practices such as Vibration, Ultrasound, Oil analysis, Thermography.
- Identify and Implement skills training / coaching for industrial Mechanics and Electricians.
- Requires maintenance background and familiarity with plant equipment (e.g. pumps, compressors, exchangers and other vessels and piping).
- Must have knowledge of process equipment repair that allows understanding of spare parts requirements, working knowledge of the maintenance and the spare parts management modules of Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Must have keen safety values and the ability to improve the culture of safety within their area of influence.
- Have working knowledge of maintenance repair procedures, and basic knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance practices.
- Must have demonstrated ability with desktop computer software including some interfacing between desktop tools and corporate software solutions.
- Must possess strong initiative and attention to detail, have aptitude for reading drawings and equipment specifications, and have good communication and interpersonal skills for working with people of varied experience and backgrounds including outside suppliers.
- Must also possess problem solving and teamwork skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, persistence in following tasks through to completion, initiative to identify and implement work process improvements, and must be able to work with minimum supervision or direction.
- Self starter, demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive complex tasks to closure within deadlines
- Internally motivated, capable of setting high standards for self and colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills, builds collaborative relationships and promotes team work.
- Results oriented, autonomous, tenacious
- Have a professional, helpful, assertive and confident manner when dealing at all organizational levels with both internal colleagues and suppliers
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer
Eastman Chemical Company is an E-verify employer
Technical Diploma (±12 years)
Eastman Chemical Company (Eastman) is a global chemical company, which manufactures and sells a portfolio of chemicals, plastics, and...