The Maintenance Supervisor's role is to be the technical authority on board the rig. He is responsible to the OIM for: planning, scheduling, implementation and recording of all maintenance activities via the computer maintenance management system (CMMS). He is responsible for co-coordinating and overseeing all Third Party technical activities. He is responsible for the rig's compliance with regulatory body requirements and plans for Classification Society surveys. He is responsible to the Asset Manager for the preparation, co-ordination and forwarding of all rig modification requests, preparatory shipyard surveys, upgrades and work scopes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Required to be fully compliant with Ensco's safety culture, safe systems of work and permit to work.
· Ensure that non-conformities, accidents, incidents, and near misses within his department are documented and reported to the OIM.
· Ensure that all Maintenance personnel are issued personal protective equipment and ensure that the crew is trained in the maintenance and use of all necessary PPE.
· Ensure that all maintenance personnel adhere to Ensco's safe systems of work program and permit to work.
· Hold daily departmental meetings to discuss and inform personnel of safety and general issues concerning the maintenance department.
· Ensure orientation and familiarization of all new and transferred personnel reporting to the rig.
· Ensure that adequate resources, tools, and equipment are available as required by the rig's work instructions.
· Responsible for the planning, scheduling, implementation and recording of all maintenance activities via the computer maintenance management system (CMMS).
· Ensure that all critical mechanical & electrical safety systems are maintained and tested in accordance with planned maintenance routines, company standards and Statutory Regulations.
· Ensure all lifting equipment, hazardous areas electrical equipment and pressure vessels are maintained, inspected, tested, certified and recorded in accordance with Statutory Regulations and Class requirements.
· Coordinate with the OIM to plan and schedule both planned and unscheduled maintenance activities.
· Communicate with all department supervisors to coordinate; document, and execute planned preventative maintenance and repair procedures for all equipment on board.
· To conduct regular maintenance planning and scheduling meetings between departments to meet the rig's operational and maintenance commitments.
· Provide maintenance reports as directed by OIM, Rig / Asset manager and in accordance with company procedures.
· Review, evaluate, and document machinery performance.
· Review and recommend revisions to planned maintenance routines in consultation with shore based technical staff.
· Review Maintenance Department requisitions and critical parts inventory to meet operational requirements. Ensure that unnecessary items are not purchased, and that inventory levels are adequate.
· Ensure personnel are aware, understand and follow planned maintenance routines and written repair procedures. Document and communicate any discrepancies or problems to the OIM and Rig Asset Manager.
· Administer computer maintenance management system (CMMS).
· Review all planned and unscheduled Service Orders for adherence to Planned Maintenance Routines, agreed close out actions and are completed to a satisfactory standard and accurately reported.
· Responsible for the Equipment Failure Reporting processes and coordinate follow up with Rig Asset Manager.
· Maintain all training requirements per Ensco training matrix
· Mentor, develop and train crew members as required to meet Company's expectations.
Coordinate with the Rig Asset Manager for the preparation of the five year maintenance plan.
· Coordinate and forward all rig modification requests to the Rig Asset Manager.
· Coordinate preparatory shipyard surveys, upgrades and work scopes as directed by the Rig Asset Manager
· Management of Ensco's Temporary and Mobile equipment process
Third Party Services
· Responsible for the overseeing of all Ensco third party services onboard connected with maintenance, repair, inspections and surveys.
Possess extensive experience in maintenance management in the offshore industry or similar operational marine environment and exhibit technical expertise in electrical, hydraulic & mechanical systems. Posses technical problem solving skills and be able to interpret electrical, hydraulic and mechanical drawings; knowledge of Class, Regulatory Compliance and Rig Survey reports.
Education and Training
Associate's degree or higher in mechanical, electrical or marine engineering or related educational equivalent from an accredited technical school, trade school, or institute is preferred. Will be required to complete all Ensco's training and certification requirements in accordance with the Training Matrix.
· Good interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively, possess organizational skills and work within a team.
· Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
· Must be capable of working in a confined Marine environment.
· Must have excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
· Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
· Be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer's sole discretion.
· Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
· Capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other Emergencies.
· Responsible for own personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
· PC proficiency required. Competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2007 or greater.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to company website
/ careers / global jobs job number
Ensco International - 12 months ago
ENSCO, Inc. provides engineering, science and advanced technology solutions for the defense, security, transportation, environment,...