JOB NARRATIVE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalency certificate
Valid drivers license and insured operable vehicle
Preferred experience in residential property management, hotel maintenance, construction, electrical, plumbing,
May be required to provide and maintain own tools
Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English
NOTE: If the job duties require the use of a respirator, the candidate must be Medically Fit for Duty, Cleared to Wear a Respirator, and able to comply with FPI’s Facial Hair Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide a daily, as well as a preventative, maintenance program to ensure the most economical, proper and
safe condition of the property.
a. Inspect the property and all common areas each morning to detect maintenance p rob lems that require
b. Coordinate and complete maintenance requests within 24 hours.
c. Change all air-conditioning filters at least every six months and upon apartment turnover.
d. Inspect all apartments semi-annually.
e. Follow a preventative maintenance schedule.
2. Serve as on-call maintenance providing evening, weekends and holiday emergency service.
3. Respond to after-hours requests for lockout service.
4. Perform maintenance inspections and repairs on vacant apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and
appearance upon move-in.
5. Repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community.
6. Maintain all maintenance shops and storage rooms in an orderly fashion and in compliance with safety regulations.
7. Properly secure all parts, inventory and property equipment.
8. Maintain, within the budgetary limits, an inventory of parts to make necessary repairs.
9. Wear any uniform that is provided during work hours.
10. Provide all small hand tools necessary to perform routine maintenance (when applicable).
11. Ensure timely completion of all duties by maintenance staff personnel to minimize labor costs.
12. Comply with all FPI policies and procedures.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Director.