purpose of position |
Directs the work of the Maintenance Mechanics and Custodians to ensure quality service to internal customers.
1. Supervises the daily operations of the Maintenance Mechanics and Custodians. 2. Schedules and plans the work of the department. 3. Provides and maintains the in-house security, fire, and safety protection systems. 4. Analyzes employee resources and selects employees for each position. 5. Presents requests and reports to management. 6. Assists mechanics with difficult or large repair and construction projects. 7. Schedules employees for overtime and weekend work. 8. Reads blueprints and draws sketches for repair and construction work. 9. Sets and maintains departmental budgets. 10. Works on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 11. Assists in training Maintenance Mechanics and Custodians. 12. Performs other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Requires the ability to read and follow blueprints and drawings. 2. Management skills are needed to be able to direct the daily operations of the department while coordinating with other departments. 3. Measurement skill to 1/32 inch is required. 4. Reads and understands the electrical code book, and other instruction manuals. 5. Knows the location of all machines and equipment.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for scheduling the work and selecting the best employee for each job. 2. Allocates funds from the maintenance budget. 3. Responsible for the accuracy and quality of each repair or construction project. 4. Coordinates maintenance schedules with other departments.
1. Lifts up to 50 pounds when assisting with repairs and installations. 2. Walks throughout the plant site. 3. Has the visual ability to assist with projects and to check the work of others. 4. Must have the hearing ability to be able to listen for mechanical problems.
1. Works indoors in a production area. May work in dirty, dusty areas such as under machines or in ceilings. 2. Wears safety glasses and steel-toed shoes. May wear a face mask for certain jobs. 3. Works outside with exposure to all weather conditions.
1. Requires professional level training or experience to equal five years in more than one maintenance/mechanical area. 2. Must have general experience in other mechanical areas. 3. A minimum of two years experience in a supervisory position is recommended.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation - 19 months ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...