Responsible for providing support and direction of Maintenance staff and ensuring that each mechanic has proficient skills to maximize the needs of the facility and material handling systems.
- Ability to coach, lead and develop a team of Maintenance Technicians with different skill sets.
- Must be able to work 1st and 2nd shifts
- Maintain all mechanical hardware and software throughout the facilities which in turn supports the Distribution Fulfillment operations.
- Understand the impact of all maintenance functions in all Gap Inc. and how they directly impact the distribution operation.
- Ability to communicate, direct and delegate complex instructions on maintenance items and special projects to staff.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) to supervisors, peers and direct reports throughout the business, in a professional manner with mutual respect
- Ability to build and work as a team participant on all building or equipment repairs
- Maintain and support attendance policies and all other Gap policy and procedures.
- Ability to assist in developing Maintenance budgets, control internal departmental operating costs, assist in maintaining Capital project expenditures and reduce daily expenses with-in the department.
- Ability to train and develop Maintenance staff on in the key areas of electronics, PLC's, mechanical control systems, drives, motors, reducers, and all general building systems
- Maintain and comply with necessary Preventative Maintenance program requirements.
- Ability to oversee and troubleshoot maintenance/construction projects consisting of welding, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, plumbing, HVAC and building systems
- Ability to lead and train staff in the following programs: Lock Out / Tag Out, conveyor safety, proper PM procedures, Maximo work order entry and Inventory. Must also have working knowledge of NEC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA, HAZMAT and PLC programming
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum High School education with additional technical schooling required
- 3 to 5 years' experience in facilities / maintenance / building services management supervision preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should have the full understanding and ability of Maintenance Mechanic classifications
- Schematic and Blue print knowledge are required in Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical
GAP Inc - 13 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...