Careers that nourish lives|
Our people have an opportunity to nourish lives around the globe every day. One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.8 billion during fiscal 2013.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance the industry through innovation and nourish the world.
This large facility was built in 1959, just a few years before the Poppin’ Fresh Doughboy was born in 1965. In this work environment, the leaders are committed to the New Albany plant’s progression in the Continuous Improvement journey. New Albany is also very committed to the community. In 2010 alone, the plant contributed more than $260,000 to institutions and nonprofits in Indiana, and 2011 is projected to exceed $309,000.
New Albany’s current population is over 37,500, with the town representing the best of all worlds in suburban living. A small community nestled beside a thriving metropolitan center, the area has many things to see and do, including shopping, sports and culture. New Albany is located about 5 miles from Louisville, Kentucky, which also offers many attractions.
The shift for this position is still being determined, applicants must be open to any shift.
In this role you will:
Provide Organizational Leadership in a Dynamic and Collaborative Environment
* Perform as a first-level leader in a manufacturing facility, providing coaching, support, and direction to a team of mechanics.
* Conduct regular team meetings which include effective communication of organizational and policy changes.
* Provide performance feedback and coaching to team members via appraisals and/or other documentation.
* Promote positive employee relations through effective conflict management and issue resolution.
* Provide maintenance leadership to ensure department/plant goals are met or exceeded in critical success areas (Cost/Quality/Sanitation/System Performance/Customer Service/Health/Safety/Environment).
* Manage daily staffing and effective resource allocation including labor, repair parts, and outside services.
* Establish and sustain effective relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
* Track departmental budget and as applicable take appropriate actions to ensure that departmental budget goals are achieved.
* Work and/or attend meetings during other shifts (including off-shifts and/or weekends) as necessary.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Technical Mastery of Self and Organization
* Obtain in-depth understanding of technical manufacturing processes and ensure that team is progressively developing technical expertise.
* Consistently demonstrate understanding of core mechanical technologies, including fasteners, lubrication, drives, transmission systems, motion systems, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical/controls.
* Develop and audit current preventive maintenance and spare parts associated with assigned area.
* Function as a maintenance resource in areas of engineering design.
* Interface with project teams on new capital projects as required.
* Effectively manage work order planning and execution processes.
* Facilitate effective sharing of information across business teams, functional areas, and outside contractors.
* Drive continuous improvement and total employee involvement in critical success areas by empowering employees to utilize lean manufacturing tools.
* Develop and maintain preventive and predictive maintenance programs for production equipment.
* Effectively track and report maintenance measurement data in accordance with plant objectives.
* Minimum Bachelors Degree required
* Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or other applicable experience (5+ years preferred).
* Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Manufacturing Experience 2-5 years
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
* Experience with Maximo Asset Management software considered a plus, but is not a requirement.
* Previous Ammonia experience
* Troubleshooting background with Ammonia/controls
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should...