This full-time working supervisor is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of church buildings, both hands-on and through staff of 2 maintenance technicians. There are many facility challenges in our large and busy church! Reports to Director of Building Services.
HPUMC is a fun and supportive place to work! We provide competitive pay and full benefits.
include the following, plus other duties as required or assigned:
Supervise the building maintenance function and 2 maintenance technicians, providing daily oversight, assignments, training and performance coaching/correction. Make recommendations regarding pay and other employment actions.
Maintain electrical distribution equipment: troubleshoot basic electrical circuits, lighting andHVAC control circuits as well as delegating and training technicians.
Maintain plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair and related grounds as it pertains to assigned buildings.
Organize, coordinate and manage the overall preventive maintenance programs including exterior property appearance. Assist in developing and implementing such programs.
Ensure all maintenance work requests are completed and closed out on a daily basis; follow up on requests unable to be completed.
Document accurately all work performed on work requests, including parts.
Maintain a cost-effective inventory of building repair parts.
Perform daily facility inspections, report on all conditions impacting safety, and initiate action plan to correct such conditions.
Comply with all safety procedures, maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas, recognize safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
Maintain compliance with federal, state, county and city ordinances, codes and laws.
Respond effectively to all emergencies at the HPUMC campus, MungerPlace Church and Biggers recreation building.
Prepare and submit to Director of Building Services a periodic summary report listing conditions found in performance of assigned work, and recommend actions to be taken.
a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church and who meets the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years maintenance and supervisory experience, to include light carpentry, plumbing, HVACR repair, energy management system use and electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be safety conscious with thorough knowledge of sound safety procedures and regulations.
- High school diploma/equivalent required; technical degree/diploma preferred.
- Responsive, steady, energetic and dependable with a high degree of initiative and with good people, communication and organization skills.
- Experience with/knowledge of energy management systems a plus.
- Good computer skills: email, Internet, Word, Excel, calendar.
- Good command of English language, both spoken and written.
- Good vision, hearing and fine motor abilities, plus ability to move about as necessary.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and flexibility to work after-hours and weekends as necessary in event of facility emergencies.
Highland Park United Methodist Church - 21 months ago
Highland Park United Methodist Church, located in Dallas, Texas, is one of the largest United Methodist churches in the US. To support our...