This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing all maintenance activities including corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, and predictive maintenance for manufacturing process. Responsible for ensuring that the company achieves its goal of quality that is essential for enhancing growth and stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a culture of Safety and teamwork throughout the facility.
- Ensure that all guidelines of GMP, FDA/USDA standards, Environmental Control Act and OSHA standards are in compliance; lead health, safety, and environmental processes for assigned areas.
- Maintain working relationship with the collective bargaining unit; ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreement to achieve company goals.
- Maintain a positive working relationship and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of Hillshire Brand's policies and procedures and Global Business Standards - to ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and all regulatory agencies.
- Plan and implement effective procedures utilizing total productive maintenance (TPM) strategies for the production & ancillary equipment ensuring asset reliability where all equipment, machinery and systems are in an "up and running" state at all times.
- Works cooperatively with the Maintenance Support Team and operational customers to develop "best practices" for maintenance activities.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to plan, schedule and document all maintenance activities.
- Work cooperatively with the Maintenance Planner to develop and execute maintenance plans.
- Schedule and direct the daily activities of production maintenance staff to ensure completion of assigned, planned and unplanned work.
- Work with Engineering/Maintenance Manager to continually improve systems, equipment and human resources.
- Understands the internal and external customers for this position and strives to provide 100% satisfaction at all times.
- Ensures all maintenance related projects and work are in compliance with standards set by , OSHA, SQF, EPA, PSM, HAACP and any additional governing agencies by which we manage our business.
- Drive a maintenance culture that is focused on continuous improvement, positive morale and exceptional levels of customer service.
- Consistently demonstrate by example Hillshire Brands leadership behaviors focusing on how we accomplish, in addition to, what results we accomplish.
- Provide formal and informal support and coaching to direct reports as needed to improve performance and/or generate opportunities for further growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to plan, organize and control the maintenance functions through the effective utilization of employees.
- Performs duties to obtain quality workmanship and scheduled in a timely manner to meet production scheduling.
- Coordinates emergency repairs efficiently and effectively to minimize downtime.
- Works in assigned areas of maintenance specialty as required.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a related area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years manufacturing experience.
- Must be flexible to work an variable shift (2
- Lean or continuous improvement experience
- Advanced knowledge of highly automated production equipment systems.
- Experience in working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems and motor control systems
- Understanding of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and implementation strategies
- Must have intermediate computer skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving and planning skills focused on the ability to plan, prioritize and execute.
- Must be adaptable to organizational culture change.
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate approximately $4 billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America.
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The...