Hilton Pearl River
500 Veterans Memorial Drive
Pearl River, NY 10965
Hilton Pearl River, a full-service luxury hotel located 20 minutes from New York City in Rockland County (NY) and bordering Bergen County (NJ), is seeking an organized, energetic, hands-on professional to join our exceptional team as Maintenance Supervisor.
This position will supervise and actively participate in the repair, maintenance, and installation of all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure proper operation, safety, efficiency, and guest satisfaction. Responsibilities include supervising activities within the Maintenance Department, ensuring the standards and objectives of the department are implemented and maintained in equipment, operation, staff and product quality to meet and exceed guest expectations. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and holidays. The position is on-call.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Familiarity with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and various other building systems and considerable knowledge and experience with at least some of these systems.
- Ability to properly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in various building systems.
- Hands-on experience with all phases of carpentry.
- Ability to create and manage a preventative maintenance program for various building systems.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple functions.
- Ability to read, write, and speak conversational English.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Considerable knowledge and skills necessary to interpret building system plans including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Considerable knowledge necessary to analyze the design and performance of various building systems including electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces and in awkward positions and in varying weather conditions and temperature.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation and to effectively deal with fellow team members and guests in such situations.
- Ability to instruct subordinates in a professional manor in order to accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to translate technical information or problems into more easily understandable terms.
- Participate in and occasionally lead meetings with vendors, fellow employees, and managers.
- Maintain records in an organized manner.
- Experience with training preferred.
- Competency with MS Office applications such as MS Word and MS Excel preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- At least 2-year college (associate) degree preferred.
- Technical certifications preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in maintenance, construction, high-rise, or other related industry in a generalist capacity, with hands-on experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Experience in hospitality or residential living industry preferred.
Please send resume with salary requirements to Maria Marcolini (Director of Human Resources) at the above address.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Solid compensation package.
- Hilton Team-Member Travel Program benefits.
- Benefits after 90 days include sick & holiday pay, company-paid life insurance, option to enroll in medical plan.
- Benefits after one year include vacation time and 401K participation.
About the Hilton Pearl River
Hilton Pearl River is a family-owned and operated Hilton franchise built in 1988. The hotel is located on 17 wooded acres in the scenic Hudson River Valley, just 20 minutes from New York City, and has built and maintained a reputation for consistently exceptional service. We are proud to be ranked #1 in "Guest Service" of all Hiltons in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Our hotel features 150 guest rooms, restaurant, bar, and recreation facilities, as well as over 20,000 square feet of unique and flexible meeting and event space, and an experienced team of professionals that is second to none.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/H/D/V
Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and strictly prohibits all forms of unlawful harassment and discrimination based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition or any other basis protected by law.