The Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership, training, support, guidance and direction to the maintenance employees, providing them the ability to maintain assets of Leprino Foods to the highest degree of safety and reliability possible.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Responding to maintenance emergency conditions with the proper mixture of skilled craftsman to minimize downtime, planning major repairs and installations so that all work can be done in a single down period, keeping pace with the rapidly changing plant and industry processes and equipment that are to be maintained
- Dealing effectively with a group of subordinates that are highly skilled and often better versed in actual maintenance trouble-shooting than the maintenance supervisor.
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper utilization of materials, manpower and management of financial budgets
- Manage the Plant’s maintenance program to achieve goals stated in the Business Plan
- Implements plant safety programs to ensure a safe working environment
- Demonstrate leadership in the Maintenance Department by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity
- Integrate Leprino Quality into all aspects of the Maintenance Supervisor function as evidenced by demonstrating continuous improvement, teamwork with co-workers, distinguished customer service and striving for excellence.
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels within the company
- Familiarity or ability to learn SAP, or similar integrated manufacturing systems
- Be a member of the HAZMAT team
- Manages the daily activities of the maintenance department to ensure the safe, effective efficient continuous plant operation through maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Requires working with capital projects to ensure that contractors comply with safety rules and practices
- Allows a considerable degree of freedom to plan, organize, and direct others to achieve department objectives.
- Requires an extremely high set of skills in problem-solving
- Requires an established set of skills in human relations to direct and aid personnel and addressing challenging and inconsistent situations
- Needs to be proficient in storing, retrieving, and analyzing data in SAP and/or other similar CMMS systems
- The maintenance supervisor should be versed in new technologies such as basic networking skills
- Able to assess the department’s skill set and provide the correct learning tools to assist the team member in being successful in their work endeavor
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a vision of long term reliability and planning
- Ability to work with the maintenance planner to improve work procedures, PM’s, work efficiencies.
- Ability to be completely flexible to handle work events outside of the normal schedule
Leprino Foods is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EEO/AA
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent in an industrial, process, mechanical, or electrical related technical field
- Five years progressive leadership experience in the industrial maintenance field
- Strong knowledge of Maintenance industry best practices
- Plant utilities (ammonia refrigeration, boilers, electrical, compressed air) knowledge
- Practical experience with PLC’s and automated machinery control systems
- Practical experience leading loss control efforts in general industry
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong people management experience, including ability to develop others
- Prior food industry experience, preferably in dairy industry
- Safety/OSHA knowledge
- Familiarity with welding, general construction, electrical, and inventory control processes in Maintenance setting
- Knowledge and ability to manage continuous improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc…
Percent of Travel Required?
Minimal (Less than 5%)
A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to food...