Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the physical aspects of the community meet the Companyâs established standards for safety, appearance and operation within the budgeted financial goals. Responsible for various hands-on maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community, diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, flooring, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure and appliances. Manages the inventory of âreadyâ apartments to support the communityâs marketing and leasing efforts, schedules contractors or assists in completing the turn process and inspects ready apartments for move-in quality. Acts as a âteam leaderâ among the general maintenance staff and delegates, supervises and directs the work of the department. Performs all of the above within the quality and time standards established for the community and in accordance with applicable laws and Company policies.
The Maintenance Supervisor must be willing to work some evening, weekend and on-call shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares or assists in preparing all market-ready apartments in regard to painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping, etc.
- Performs various maintenance functions such as minor roof repairs, re-keying door locks and repairing furnaces, air-conditioners, plumbing, appliances, etc.
- Performs various preventive maintenance functions and ensures the Preventive Maintenance Program is followed in order to maintain the community standards.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Assists the Community Manager on special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Works with maintenance staff to maintain grounds and common areas and keeps them free of trash and debris.
- Monitors pool operations on a daily basis and maintains the appropriate health department standards.
- Monitors the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters, HVAC units, etc.
- Recommends the repair or replacement of any interior and/or exterior areas needing attention.
- If applicable, monitors pool and spa chemicals daily and maintains log books as required by the health department.
- Moves heavy objects from one area to another and utilizes a ladder as required.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Ensures the maintenance staff is performing to Company standards and that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Records preventive maintenance repairs in maintenance log.
- Prepares weekly/monthly maintenance status reports.
- Maintains and accounts for all property-owned tools and equipment.
- Schedules the preparation of all market-ready apartments in regard to maintenance, and completes the final inspection.
- Assists in the bidding process of service contracts and monitors contracts and vendors.
- Assists in monitoring capital improvement projects.
- Orders maintenance inventory and controls supplies in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintains the maintenance storage area in a neat and organized fashion.
- As team leader, responsible for training and supervision of the maintenance staff. Is typically involved with Community Manager in hiring, interviews, training, and performance reviews of maintenance staff.
- Works closely with the Community Manager in developing an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the organization.
- Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community and assists the overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Ensures safe work practices are being followed by all maintenance staff in relation to proper equipment handling and safety practices.
- Assists in identifying life safety issues and ensures these issues are corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintains open communication with other members of the community staff.
- Represents Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and monitors expenditures in accordance with the established guidelines.
- Assists in the selection of vendors in regard to value and budget.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of, and attends, various community sponsored resident functions and activities.
- Responds to resident services requests and concerns in a timely manner.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested.
- Assists with and attends community sponsored resident activities and functions.
- Operates motorized vehicle to pick up supplies and run errands as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, trade and/or technical school training a plus.
- Must have an understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions.
- A minimum of three years hands-on maintenance experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of current codes and regulations and excellent communication, organizational, budgeting, supervisory and leadership skills required.
- Must be detail and multi-task oriented and possess strong motivation, team building, customer service and time management skills.
- Must be able to lift and work with heavy equipment. Valid driverâs license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required. EPA, CPO, HVAC and CFC certifications are a plus.
to apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com
Maxx Properties - 11 months ago