This job description is for the Distribution Center Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for coordinating all repairs, maintenance, and Capital Expense projects, while ensuring equipment, conveyors, building requirements and support systems are maintained at the highest efficiency level possible.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Develop budgets for repair, maintenance, supplies, third party support and spare parts inventory.
- Negotiate maintenance contracts and other third party support for the DC.
- Identify, prioritize and coordinate the daily activities of Technicians, inspire the department to achieve desired results in productivity, teamwork, safety and task proficiency.
- Ensure the training and development of the team on all technical aspects of DC maintenance including, but not limited to, conveyor, HVAC, material handling equipment, hydraulic refrigeration and building support systems.
- Maintain proper staffing, required training and certifications.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Monitor expenses by function and equipment.
- Able and willing to provide “hands on repairs” to DC systems if required.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory, monitor purchasing and expense actions.
- Develop and foster strong vendor and contractor relationships to ensure the best quality, cost and customer service for the DC.
- Work nights and weekends if critical system failures occur.
- Maintain and monitor safety processes to keep the DC in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions.
- Have a 4-year degree or equivalent professional training and experience in an industrial maintenance discipline.
- Have 5 or more years of maintenance supervision experience in an automated distribution center of at least 300,000 square feet.
- Have 3 or more years of performing maintenance functions in a fully automated, high speed production facility.
- Possess outstanding leadership qualities, including assertiveness, organization, enthusiasm, decisiveness, planning, confidence and accountability.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Have strong technical working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, energy management, material handling equipment, and conveyor systems.
- Possess computer skills including Windows, MSOffice and maintenance database programs such as MP2. DataStream 7i or Maintenance Connection.
- Have a working knowledge of PLCs, high and low voltage systems including 480V three phase and computer controlled automation.
- Be able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, blueprints and CAD.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...