Working in conjunction with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Code Compliance Manager, Lifestyle Manager and Sports Club Manager, the Maintenance Manager is directly responsible to ensure the overall smooth operation of Trilogy at Glen Ivy Common Area facilities and grounds. This position is also responsible for processing all calls and requests for assistance in a professional, enthusiastic, courteous, and timely manner in order to meet required standards. Oversees and performs maintenance duties on property. This is a working supervisory position. Keeping buildings, facilities and restrooms in an operating condition are a priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Responsible for working with the On Site Supervisorial Staff in maintaining the resort standard as set forth at Trilogy at Glen Ivy.
• Assist in supervising and directing all contractual functions of the club, including but not limited to landscape and grounds maintenance, janitorial, pool, spa, etc.
• Oversee the work order system and ensure all work orders are being addressed in a timely manner
• Supervise and direct maintenance staff
• Works in cooperation with and monitors the performance of the landscape contractor as set forth under the terms of the contract
• Works in cooperation with the Landscape Committee; attends meetings to coordinate the landscape operations between management, the contractor and the committee; makes suggestions for changes in or additions to the landscape policies
• Assists in determining specifications and acquiring bids for all work outside the scope of the landscape contract; reviews and evaluates bids and makes preferred recommendations
• Oversees the operation of the Association’s computerized irrigation control system
• Reviews the community’s common area for potential landscape problem areas; brings to the attention of the landscape contractor and/or the Landscape Committee for solutions/remedies.
• Assists the Landscape Committee in the formulation and implementation of plans for all landscape improvements within the community
• Maintain awareness of the community “fit and finish” and work with management team in correction or upgrade of any conditions that are not in keeping with the resort image of Trilogy at Glen Ivy.
• Acts as on site Staff Safety Officer and assists the Lifestyles Manager with the Injury and Illness Prevention program
• Ability to read as built drawings, building blueprints and site plans.
• Ability to maintain building inventories and supplies
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule
• Customer service orientation
• Productivity; good attendance, few errors or repetition, good work quantity and quality, positive contributor; ability to work successfully in a team environment, strong people skills required, works well with others
• Innovation, contributes ideas, helps resolve problems, looks for and develops cost savings measures, and develops new procedures and methods
• Honesty; being truthful and trustworthy, doing what needs to be done and what is right, being fair and objective, having personal integrity and treating others in a mature, responsible manner
• Loyalty; having commitment toward the goals of the organization, the nature of the business, respecting its efforts, defending its good name, giving the job the best effort and sincerity
• Initiative – ability to think, work and make decisions based on sound judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must possess a strong internal/external customer service orientation/commitment
• Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments
• Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems, pool equipment, landscape maintenance and irrigation system repairs
• Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Will be responsible for scheduling and documenting maintenance procedures for all facilities. Keep accurate records.
• Insure employees are trained and ready to perform their assigned duties.
• Provide on the job training for new employees, give detailed instructions.
• Maintain inventory each day, including additional equipment needed for specific job.
• Assists in the selection of staff; performs periodic evaluations of subordinates and recommends and implements discipline as required.
• Ensure timecards are accurately completed for crew members at end of each day.
• Proactively takes the initiative to act without need for prompting. Recognize and address problems quickly and decisively.
• Conduct performance reviews of all direct reports
• Responds to emergencies as requested; coordinates activities with other responders; directs the work of staff and utilization of resources to effect repair and ensure the safety of the community.
• Completes regular community inspections and prepares status reports.
• Understands and adheres to budgets.
• Manages maintenance backlogs.
• Investigate vandalism as necessary.
• Share maintenance duties as needed below:
• Participate in the establishment and implementation of a systematic preventive maintenance program.
• Perform various preventative maintenance functions.
• Notify General Manager concerning the need or major repair or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order.
• Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
• Be courteous and pleasant to residents at all times.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Supervise all maintenance staff and Porter, indirectly supervise landscape contractors and other contractors as needed for all equipment located within Trilogy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions.
Must be capable of being bonded.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College degree preferred
Three to five years experience in facility management, one year of which must be in a supervisorial capacity
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possession of valid California State Driver’s License.
MERIT Property Management, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job