This is a COURTESY POSTING for the METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY (MDHA).
Note: No online (GovernmentJobs.com/Neo Gov) applications will be accepted for this position.
All persons desiring to be considered for this position should obtain an application from MDHA Human Resources Division, 701 South Sixth Street, Nashville, Tennessee 37202, or download an application from www.Nashville -MDHA.org.
Under the direct supervision of the Property Manager, is responsible for supervising and managing the overall maintenance operation of a public housing property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Insures the curb appeal and safety of the property each day
EQUIPMENT USED : General office equipment, computer; automobile, maintenance tools and equipment.
- Schedules work order requests according to maintenance priorities and procedures
- Insures prompt preparation of vacant units for occupancy
- Hires and trains maintenance staff and insures work performance meets required standards
- Performs quality control inspection of work performed in units; plans and coordinates inspections and the repair of units for “high performance” on the property PHAS; reviews apartment maintenance charges and insures appropriate charges are processed
- Supervises the maintenance staff in compliance with the agency personnel policies
- Insures maintenance staff maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Assists Property Manager with move-ins, move-outs, evictions, and annual inspections
- Answers telephone calls and handles residents’ complaints and requests in a courteous manner
- Performs general maintenance duties including but not limited to: electrical repair, plumbing repair, carpentry, pest control, painting, grounds care, replacement and/or repair of fixtures, appliances, flooring, locks and systems
- Purchases supplies and maintains a current inventory according to operations budget
- Insures just-in-time inventory of equipment and service with cost-effective buying in compliance with the agency procurement policies
- Documents and keeps accurate records of work performed in apartments, building exteriors and grounds; schedules and supervises the work assignment of the maintenance staff and contractors and insures completion of work performed
- Insures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Schedules and assures preventative maintenance has been performed on all apartments
- Assists Property Manager in development of a property maintenance plan and capital fund spending
- Conducts periodic safety meetings with maintenance staff
- Schedules and participates in emergency scheduling for evenings, weekends and holidays
- Prepares fiscal and management reports
- Approves all maintenance purchases and processes according to fiscal policies
- Assists property manager in procurement purchases and vendor information
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervise the work of a maintenance crew and asset support staff.
ABILITIES REQUIRED: Knowledge of the principals and practices of public housing and federal, state and local laws and regulations governing housing operations; knowledge of general accounting, budgeting and procurement policies and practices; ability to make good decisions; ability to maintain courteous communications with residents; ability to establish working relationships with property managers, service partners and low income residents; excellent computer skills; knowledge of tools, materials, methods and practices used in the maintenance and repair of buildings and structures; knowledge of building systems and operations; detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; ability to perform skilled work in HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, masonry, appliance repair and electrical systems; knowledge of pest control; ability to communicate verbally and in writing; willingness, mental and physical ability to perform the duties involved in this classification.
REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma and one (1) year of additional education plus three (3) years of supervisory experience in building maintenance and construction.
LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid Tennessee driver’s license and Pesticide Certification (C07) required within one year.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
701 South Sixth Street, P.O. Box 846
Nashville, Tennessee 37202
(615) 780-7019 – FAX
All applicants will be required to submit Agency applications regardless of whether a resume' is submitted or not. Upon reviewing all applications submitted for job openings, the Human Resources Office will notify those applicants who are selected for personal interviews. Applicants selected for a position must successfully pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug screen in order to be hired. MDHA has been certified by the State of Tennessee as a Drug-Free Workplace. MDHA is a smoke-free workplace.
THE METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND HIRES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, HANDICAP DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
LAST DATE FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Monday, July 1, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County - 7 months ago