Job Summary: As a key leader of our Maintenance Department, this position is responsible for providing a clean, safe, functional store facility. This position ensures the maintenance of internal and external store areas, including equipment and fixtures. Proactively identifies opportunities to increase workplace safety and health, and makes appropriate recommendations and takes appropriate action as necessary.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains interior and exterior areas of the store, including equipment and fixtures (e.g., cleaning, painting, assembling, and repairing equipment); ensures safety, professionalism, cleanliness, and proper working order of the store facilities at all times. Delegates responsibilities to appropriate vendors and/or contractor as necessary.
- Assumes primary responsibility for vendor and/or contractor relations for all facilities maintenance services, including the selection of new vendors and/or contractors.
- Ensures store lighting is appropriately functioning (e.g., outdoor reader boards and interior lights); responsible for any required bulb replacements.
- Possesses knowledge of store layout, including location and proper usage of all equipment (e.g., thermostat, trash compactor, and fire extinguishers); ensures equipment maintenance and cleaning schedules are followed as determined by state and federal regulations.
- In partnership with the SD/ASD, determines daily projects and activities of Maintenance Department employees; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
- Effectively performs all Maintenance Clerk Responsibilities.
Skills Required/ Qualifications:
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the SD/ASD.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Two years experience in mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing repair preferred.
- Two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven experience in cleaning, maintenance, and light industry-related repair.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry-related cleaning tools and solutions. MSDS experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and read blue prints preferred.
- Demonstrates understanding of basic health and sanitation requirements.
- General knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines.
- Strong leadership skills; proven success as a team leader and member; proven history of personnel development. Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and climb ladders.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Must have a valid WA State Driver License and responsible driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.