Responsible for organizing, directing and managing the overall maintenance programs for the Community.
- Must have average written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to direct, motivate, train and develop subordinates.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community.
- Minimum of five years on-site apartment experience.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks with little or no supervision.
- High school diploma or that of the equivalent
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Special Licenses or Certificates Required:
- Maintains proper levels of inventory and orders maintenance supplies as needed with Community Director's approval.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of the job.
- Implements and supervises training program for the use of safety equipment in keeping with MSDS.
- Conducts or assists Community Director with monthly safety meeting and completion of hazardous equipment safety checklist.
- Assists Community Director with community budget and expenditures in all areas of maintenance.
- Works hands-on as required or directed by Community Director to ensure market-ready, occupied and preventive maintenance is performed on a timely basis and to ensure preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with contractors and is knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies.
- Completes required service requests with 24 hours.
- Makes appliance repairs, carpet repairs, A/C repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventive maintenance program.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Works on-call, overtimes, weekend, holiday and evening work as required.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Wears company uniform with photo I.D. badge during work hours.
- May be transferred or assigned to work at another Milestone Community.
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Complies with all policies as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Community Director (or Assistant Community Director in Community Director's absence).
- Frequent lifts and carries up to 45 pounds. (i.e. 5 gallon paint can)
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds. (i.e. bag of concrete)
- Pushes and/or pulls (appliances) using appliance dolly up to 200 pounds
- Moves objects from one floor to another
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists
- Has normal range of vision, hearing and speech
Sierra Canyon Apartments
Glendale, AZ 85308
Milestone Management is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, selection for transfer, and compensation for all qualified associates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, or disability.
Milestone Management - 5 months ago