Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Orica is the world's leading provider of products, services and solutions for overcoming the challenges of controlling roof and strata in underground environments. Our main markets are mining (coal and hard rock), tunneling and civil engineering.Orica offers a wide range of resins, grouts and anchors along with accessories, technical support and applications services. A full range of application equipment is available including resin and cement pumps, injection equipment, roof bolters and hand held drills.We have extensive history and expertise in underground coal mining that is also being applied in tunnelling and engineering projects around the world. About the Job: Orica’s Ground Support Manufacturing facility in South Point Ohio is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to lead a team of seven maintenance technicians in the facility who cover three shifts. The facility is a new one, incorporating machinery and personnel from several smaller previous plants.The Maintenance Supervisor plans, directs, and coordinates daily activities for the maintenance department to ensure all equipment is operating smoothly, efficiently, and safely. The Supervisor interacts with salaried and hourly employees, Plant Management and external vendors regularly. The Supervisor is required to and effectively execute and communicate maintenance action plans in a consistent, timely manner and quickly make decisions involving the safe, efficient operation of machinery with little or no direction. Specific goals:
- Ensure equipment is operating at peak performance in order to efficiently execute the daily production plan.
- Monitor production rates by work center and make necessary corrections to maintain maximum output.
- Ensure tooling is properly maintained and stored.
- Purchase all parts and supplies for plant maintenance using Lean principles.
- Participate in Shift Production meetings.
- Meet all equipment efficiency targets.
- Utilize TPM tools.
- Execute PM program.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Associates degree in technical or business related field desired, Bachelor degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting utilizing maintenance, inventory and process improvement systems required.
- Track record of above average skills in electrical, PLC, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems troubleshooting and repair in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in new plant start up is beneficial.
- Utilize scheduling software; develop and use spreadsheets; utilize e-mail programs Detailed Accountabilities: Safety, Health, and Environmental
- Ensure the workforce is compliant with all SH&E requirements (PPE, safe lifting, guarding, forklifts, etc).
- Be very safety conscious and assist with incident investigations, and complete corrective actions, as required.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and 5S workplace organization, by conducting daily safety walkthroughs.
- Deliver best practice safety compliance.
- 100% on-time completion of corrective action items
- Daily walkthroughs. Quality
- Understand all quality requirements (specs, SOPs, QC Checks, labelling/tagging, etc.).
- Check incoming parts and supplies to ensure quantity and quality are at acceptable levels.
- Ensure equipment and tooling is producing a quality product; monitor quality output as required.
- Minimal quality defects.
- Complete CARs for incoming materials, as needed. Leadership
- Maintain a presence on the production floor.
- Continually review employee performance and perform disciplinary and corrective actions as needed.
- Review and approve establishing and writing SOPs for maintenance.
- Manage time and attendance, work goals, disc
- 100% completion of 30-60-90 day reviews on all employees. Some relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Orica USA - 12 months ago