A Maintenance Supervisor, known by Post associates as a Lead Engineer, creates success behind the scenes.
When you visit a Post Property, you will notice the beautifully manicured landscape and perhaps meet one of our friendly Leasing Consultants...but it is the Maintenance Supervisor who manages all building maintenance functions seamlessly through the delegation, follow-up and communication processes.
As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will:
In addition to your supervisory responsibilities, you will be expected to be a member of the maintenance team and perform a variety of physical activities, including:
- Apply your strong managerial skills to direct the daily activities of the Maintenance Technician and delegate service requests to Property Monitors and Housekeepers, as applicable.
- Select and manage the work of all external contractors.
- Interact directly with the residents.
- Utilize problem solving skills to address all service requests including emergency issues and preparing vacant apartments for new residents by drawing on your extensive knowledge in:
o Appliance Repair
- Call on your advanced planning and organizing skills to schedule and execute preventative maintenance projects for the property throughout the year.
- Document your maintenance orders and responses through the use of log books and databases.
To do all this, you will participate in Post's industry-leading Maintenance Training Program. Recognized for its in-depth and hands-on delivery of relevant maintenance topics, the Maintenance Training Program helps you to round out your knowledge base in all maintenance-related areas.
- Moving major appliances and furniture throughout the complex.
- Installing lighting fixtures.
- Carrying different types of building materials of varying weights.
- Repairing a range of special equipment such as: cooling towers, boiler units, etc.
- 3 years Maintenance experience, preferably in an apartment setting.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Refrigeration certification and basic business finance knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate weekly on-call schedules, and pull weekend call based on a pre-determined rotating schedule.
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
- Basic computer skills and a strong set of customer service skills.
Post Properties - 15 months ago
Post Properties is one of the largest developers and operators of upscale multifamily communities in the United States with interests in...