Resco is a privately owned company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Resco was founded in 1946 with a goal of becoming a leader in the specialty/monolithic refractories industry and has grown to become an innovative leader in the refractory industry with 14 plants plants located in six states and three countries. Our goal is to become THE preferred vendor in the refractory industry.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our facility located in East Canton, Ohio.
Position will be responsible for all maintenance aspects of the plant’s operations. We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who can effectively provide mechanical and electrical support, to the entire plant, as well as support the daily operations of a manufacturing environment. As a member of the team, you will participate in or lead team efforts involving several technical and manufacturing disciplines. In our fast paced and dynamic manufacturing environments, you will take on and execute projects of significant importance, scope, and complexity. This position will interact with all aspects of the plant.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provides direction and leadership to all projects and insure goals and objectives are being accomplished.
- Ability to assess mechanical and electrical issues with coordination to correct and improve variable situations.
- Work directly with Plant Production to improved and track MTBF on all components to improve equipment reliability and uptime.
- Mechanical and Hydraulic Press experience a plus, with ability to trouble shoot.
- Proactively provide technical support to the manufacturing process, create, refine, educate and implement standard work and process adherence within the workforce.
- Implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within the process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within the department.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action.
- Investigates manufacturing problems in the plant and recommend corrective actions. This includes consulting with production personnel, analyzing the supporting data, recommending corrective actions, and following through on recommendations to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Maintains working relationship with Union by following collective bargaining agreement.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Current Team:
This role will be responsible for interacting with all plant personnel directly focusing on maintenance improvement projects. The position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
The ideal candidate for this job is self-motivated who is highly focused on daily improvement needs with strong analytical skills. The individual MUST be highly organized with ability to effectively communicate with all personnel at all levels of the operations. Team builder, who is always thinking ahead.
- Troubleshoot issues with the ability to bring solution to problems.
- Experience with a union environment a plus.
- Process Improvement thinking
- Production Planning and controls for improvement
- Extensive Microsoft knowledge; outlook, word, excel.
- 4 year degree preferred mechanical and/or electrical discipline
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Experience with QAD.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Resco Products, Inc. offers the cumulative experience and expertise of over 50 years of service in crafting heat resistant materials for the...