1. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Building Services crew by assigning each employee a
specific job and seeing that the employee is at their work station and ready to start work.
2. Receives, reviews and relays the written work requests from hospital departments for maintenance
service to the proper Building Services personnel.
3. Has all patient complaints investigated within 2 hours and resolved daily.
4. Makes periodic inspections on routine work requests to ensure that the workmanship meets standards and
that safety and building regulations are complied with.
5. Sees that all stat requests for repairs are completed immediately to the satisfaction of the Director of
6. Maintains contact with all departments to ensure that the Building Services Department is meeting the
maintenance needs of the hospital each day.
7. Assist the Director of Building Services in planning, scheduling and supervising maintenance work of building, ground and utility systems.
8. Keeps the Director of Building Services informed of maintenance activities each day.
9. Coordinates and completes all maintenance projects, staying within budgeted man-hours and materials,
according to the time frame set by the Director of Building Services. Reports any deviations from the
time frame, codes and specifications to the Director of Building Services on a daily basis.
10. Estimates quantity of materials needed, prepares priced requisitions for approval by the Director of
Building Services, and assures that materials needed for project work each day are readily available.
11. Sees that all Building Services employees maintain all policies and rules of the hospital.
12. Refers personnel matters pertaining to employee training, termination and grievances of Building Services
employees to the Director of Building Services.
High School diploma or equivalent
At least two years experience in a commercially related maintenance environment.
Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC preferred.
In addition, High-pressure Boiler certification is preferred.
Engineering / Maintenance
River Region Health System
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 5 months ago