SUMMARY: Responsible for the maintenance and repair of CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) fleet trucks, refrigeration units and trailers. You will manage all aspects of vehicle repairs, tire programs, costs, records, preventative maintenance and inventories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other duties as assigned, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Manage operations inventory of parts and budget.
· Manage day-to-day maintenance and repair activities involving CNG trucks, refrigerated units, trailers and electrical systems.
· Plan and oversee all maintenance activities, including supervision of all repairs including p reventive maintenance, inspections, diagnostics tests, engine repairs on a variety of CNG vehicles, trailers, and transportation equipment.
· Implement company preventive maintenance program and other fleet maintenance
· Provide effective and efficient Fleet Maintenance solutions to achieve budgeted Maintenance cost. (reduce tractor/trailer repair c/pm).
· Responsible for fleet tire management program according to company requirements and specifications.
· Maintain accurate records of repairs.
· Respond to any and all concerns and act on them promptly as they relate to, drivers, safety, or any opportunities that would increase efficiencies.
· Communicate closely with internal customers, dispatch and operations on status of equipment.
· Communicate any problems associated with service to the Operations Manager with recommendations for improvements.
· Train and provide support with computer software used to maintain records of purchasing, repairs and tracking/control of inventory.
· When required, outsource repair orders and services to external vendors and negotiate terms and conditions. Follow up and ensure completion of vendor repair orders and purchase orders. Review and approve all repair orders for accuracy and applicable charges.
· Assist efforts to improve warranty recovery through the identification and development of processes that maximize recovery dollars.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Mechanical training / education, MX/Cummins preferred with proven track record of success as a substitute for the educational requirements.
· Proven ability to manage maintenance issues for maximum productivity within a cooperative working environment, as well as ability to effectively report to Operations Manager.
· Demonstrated capacity to properly perform preventative maintenance, run inspections and diagnostics tests, and repairs a variety of vehicles and equipment. Able to diagnose complex mechanical problems and successfully repair the equipment.
· Knowledge of business practices applicable to Fleet Maintenance and Operations.
· D riven and self-motivated, with sound business judgment, and able to work with minimal supervision
· Goal and achievement oriented, with a cooperative and teamwork management style.
· Valid CDL preferred but, not required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor Degree preferred or 3 to 5 years of equivalent work experience.
Seaboard Foods - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...