The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the facilities Maintenance, Infrastructure and grounds. This person will display excellent communications skills, organizational skills and leadership. Reporting to this position will be the maintenance technicians and the maintenance clerk.
- Manages all preventive maintenance processes and initiatives to insure manufacturing goals are met
- Supports compliance with plant EHS systems and programs by:
- Assuring departmental audits are complete, corrective actions are implemented, and audit data is reported for key performance indicator metrics
- Performing job duties in safe and responsible manner, setting example for employees
- Trains and coaches direct reports in all standard operation procedures.
- Maintains the facility and grounds to set standards including ensuring the facilities utilities are monitored and paid.
- Assigns personnel and determines use of the equipment to achieve dept. goals.
- Purchases and maintains spare part inventory to insure minimal downtime due to equipment failure.
- Prepares and is responsible for department budgets including labor, supplies, overhead and capital expenditures.
- Assigns housekeeping tasks so as to maintain production area in a safe, neat and orderly condition.
- Interviews and evaluates prospective maintenance employees. Conducts performance reviews of direct reports and recommends or coaches any development needs.
- Oversees the preparation of shift logs, safety reports, inspection logs, and other reports that are requested.
- Responsible in maintaining all records in the Kronos timekeeping system.
- Insures all training and certifications are up to date for department personnel.
- Recommends and implements cost saving, manufacturing improvements and quality improvement projects.
- Works closely with outside vendors in various areas to support Maintenance initiatives.
Attributes & Characteristics:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self starter
- Ability to manage others
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to define and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational abilities are essential
- Good rapport and communication skills with all levels in the organization
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, including environmental, and safety standards; QC process implementation, statistical analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance supervision in manufacturing environment
- Prefer a two-year degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Experience with PLCs, controls, instrumentation, motors, piping and rotating equipment preferred
- Experience in DataStream MP2 Computerized Maintenance Management System preferred
- Some experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with Extrusion equipment and associated equipment desired
- Simonton Windows is an equal opportunity employer.
Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. For a third consecutive year, consumers nationwide have rated Simonton Windows highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Study (SM).
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards from Market Research Associates.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver its made-to-order products in five days or less. A Fortune Brands Home and Security company (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686 ) or visit www.simonton.com.
Simonton Windows - 13 months ago