- Promote safe work habits and insure that employees complete their work in a manner that insures their safety and the safety of all employees.
- Insure that all maintenance employees under his supervision conform to Company policies, safety & environmental policies and procedures, work rules, and regulations by coaching employees and/or initiating disciplinary actions as required.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate maintenance operations on assigned shifts to minimize production downtime and maintain an effective preventive maintenance & repair program.
- Manage costs to achieve departmental budgets.
- Take appropriate corrective action to ensure equipment is repaired and returned to proper working order in a timely manner.
- Organize and execute completion of maintenance work orders, utilizing employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities to the best advantage to expedite repairs.
- Routinely observe employees in their performance of work providing guidance to employees concerning proper maintenance techniques in order to improve their overall skills level.
- Develop a skills improvement program for each employee that facilitates their development and advancement within the department.
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment or machine problems.
- Assign completion of scheduled inspections and work orders to comply with the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Follow up on corrective actions and communicate these to the Maintenance Planner as well as assist with the development of the PM program.
- Maintain open communications with employees and other departments and work to mutually resolve problems.
- Active listening – giving full attention to what is being asked of you, taking time to understand the importance of your job and getting familiar with how your job contributes to the overall success of the company.
- Judgment and Decision Making – consider the cost and benefits of your actions as an employee and choose the appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking – use your equipment and knowledge properly to maintain a high level of productivity. Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Constantly look for ways to improve your contributions.
- Coordination – adjusts actions in a positive and safe manner in relation to other actions.
- Technical – strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and current preventive and predictive techniques for maintaining them.
- Oral Communications – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression – the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Inductive Reasoning – the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events or ideas).
- Problem Sensitivity – the ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong. The ability to recognize problems and find reasonable solutions.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to look for opportunity for improvement; apply general rules to problems that make sense.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working in manufacturing or foundry environment, operating similar equipment highly desired. Preference in employment, promotions and transfers will be given to those with previous experience, good attendance and work history.
Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical, substance screen and background check.
Sivyer Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 5 months ago