Sonoco, a leading manufacturer of a variety of highly engineered packaging solutions and specialty components, has the following Plant Quality/Process Improvement Manager position available in Protective Solutions. Sonoco Protective Solutions creates value through knowledge of the needs of consumers and customers, its regional presence and efficient production. We are proud of our initiative and our corporate culture and search for individuals who embody great skill and initiative of their own.
Sonoco, a leading manufacturer of a variety of highly engineered packaging solutions and specialty components, has the following Maintenance Supervisor position available in Protective Solutions, Conyers, GA facility. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the successful implementation of the maintenance systems at the plant.
- Maintain safe plant operations by ensuring all equipment (boilers, compressors, heaters, furnaces, fill guns, regulators, control valves, pre-expanders, bead tumblers, water/ steam valves and hydraulic units) is functioning properly and correcting machinery when it is not operating properly.
- Supervises maintenance staff by determining workloads and schedules; develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures; evaluates staff and makes hiring and termination recommendations; and ensures that staff are trained in complex maintenance activities and are following standard operating procedures.
- Manage and implement preventative maintenance programs for both production machines and equipment and physical plant equipment on a regularly scheduled basis. Document and maintain all preventative maintenance records for the plant.
- Order and/or recommend parts, supplies, and equipment for maintenance projects. Contact suppliers for necessary materials. Coordinate contractors if necessary.
- Manage and participate in the repair, as required, of production machines and equipment and physical plant equipment.
- Direct maintenance of equipment to insure efficient and safe operations.
- Maintain records utilizing appropriate site specific computer application programs
- Obtains, installs molds and completes mold changes.
- Performs simple repairs on lift trucks; routine welding and burning with gas and electric.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Ensures that safety training is provided to staff and that proper safety practices are followed.
- Directs the daily work activity for both operations and maintenance needs on a plant-wide, or multi-process, or multi-facilities basis;
- Develops standard work practices; Inspects completed jobs for quality assurance;
- Diagnoses operational problems and recommends corrective actions; Works with staff to program capital equipment replacements; Works with the team to establish goals, priorities, and expectations, and to develop the action plans and strategies for accomplishing them;
- Manage and coordinate assigned total projects related to equipment or facility
- Generate required monthly, quarterly, annual reports for site, government & corporate requirements
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- AS in a technical field
- 5 or more years experience in manufacturing and/or skilled trades
- 1 year supervisory experience
- Associates degree
- 5 years of skilled or semi-skilled maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment which must have included one 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient with Lockout/Tagout or EI (Energy Isolation) processes and procedures.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, working independently while performing major repairs and overhauls.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to prepare required reports and record maintenance activities.
- Ability to perform complex arithmetic calculations.
- Organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees and vendors/contractors.
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software programs.
- Ability to install, inspect, repair and maintain the electrical, plumbing and other related systems
- Ability to perform various maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ability to update inventories and other supplies as needed.
- Ability to inspect, operate and maintain the heating, cooling and ventilation system and the boiler system.
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Safety practices and principles related to maintenance activities
Sonoco Products Company - 8 months ago