The Habitat Company is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to oversee Riverfront Condominiums in Detroit, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and direct a variety of projects, and activities related to the maintenance and repair of a high rise building in Detroit.
- Perform electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets and circuits.
- Replace garbage disposals, fixtures and locks.
- Perform plumbing work; clearing stoppages and replacing fittings.
- Effectively allocate resources, including staff and supplies to the building to ensure that performance benchmarks are met.
- Review practices and priorities of maintenance and repair at the property, on a daily basis.
- Assist team members with ongoing preventive maintenance plan at the property,
- Ensure that the maintenance staff is trained and competent in their job duties.
- Ensure that building systems are in proper working condition.
- Assist in the development of specifications for maintenance and vendor repair contracts.
- Ensure that there is a sufficient inventory of supplies and materials at the building.
- Ensure that maintenance and janitorial staff adhere to OHSA requirements and implement safety procedures.
- Conduct weekly/daily inspections of the property including but not limited to grounds, building systems, roof, elevator rooms, maintenance shops, storage rooms, common areas, building exteriors, and work order productivity. Note deficiencies observed during inspections and assign staff with proposed plan of action and follow-up for completion within a specific time frame.
- Communicate with lead maintenance mechanic and property managers to establish needs and priorities for maintenance at property.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of maintenance technicians and janitors, interview and select employees for hiring, and recommend transfers, reassignments and disciplinary action.
- Plan, coordinate and arrange training for staff.
- Provide maintenance related costs for the development of operating budgets.
- Attend trainings and meetings to maintain current knowledge of legal codes and requirements.
- Ensure that sites are inspected and remain in compliance with city and state regulations , as well as health and safety requirements.
- Provide technical expertise, information and assistance to the Property Manager in the formulation, development and implementation of policies and procedures.
Candidates are required to live on-site at this location
- Strong working knowledge of planning, organization and direction of the maintenance and repair activities in a hi-rise setting.
- Experience with low-pressure, gas-fired boilers; central and unitary air conditioning; domestic water; electrical, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Previous knowledge regarding water and gas cut-offs; fixture cut-offs; and sewer clean-outs.
- Previous knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers.
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor at a hi-rise, residential property required.
- Strong plumbing, electrical, HVAC expertise required.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Understand principles and practices of administration, supervision and training. Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills using tack, patience and courtesy.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned operations and activities. Examples of reports include daily maintenance logs and property inspection reports.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Working knowledge of computers and automated systems.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet all of the performance benchmarks.
The Habitat Company LLC (www.habitat.com) is a leader in residential multi-family real estate management and development. We are an...